Thread: Is website design dying

Is website design dying

Hi there I know there are alot of web developers on this forum and also some online marketing guys so i thought it would be a great place to ask my question. It seems to me like everything online is being automated for users take wi for example they create websites and now even logos, not that i as a web designer would ever recommend that to anybody but some people do well with it, there's things like shopify and even in the ppc industry you have all kinds of web applications that can manage your ppc marketing campaigns for you. Where do we go from here i almost feel like this is threatening and just a commodification of the industries.

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

I think it is really cool that you can easily create a website on your own using some templates and builders. I have been using some cool website design templates, and I like those a lot, I have to say. I am pretty sure that you will find them helpful to you too, maybe you will want to create some websites with those
    Last edited by jcage; 05-04-2021 at 02:50 AM.

Yes, it's very convenient to use the constructor!

Website design is not dying, it's becoming more automated. With the coming of different tools for designing the website, it has become easier for designers to use these tools and perform their work easily.

I also think that web design is not dying. We just have new tools that allow people to create sites without coding skills and knowledge. Moreover, some of them are available for free like these website builders https://www.webbuildersguide.com/free-website-builders/. I'm personally sure that web development and web design have a big future as we live in the time of technology and almost all people use their devices to look for the info or services.

In the past few years, we have encountered important changes in the world of web design. If a designer is still willing to learn new crafts and concepts and incorporate them into their work, this web design profession is very highly viable.

Not exactly dying I'd say but the focus of some web designers have changed.

I agree with you

There is an element of truth in what you say here. If you are a web developer servicing lower end and wordpress type clients these platforms and builders are probably a threat to you. The same is true for some design projects although there have always been automated and cheap logo services available.

At the upper end, servicing brands or multiples which is where we operate then this is not really an issue. Even if a client is using shopify or wordpress as their base there is so much bespoke design and development that it is not an issue.

There is also the point that many of my acquaintances operate in the small business sphere whether in design or development (sometimes both) and they get a lot of work from people who have either outgrown their platform or have gotten frustrated with it.

Even using a constructor can be tough for those who have no idea about the web design and how it works. I am referring to those who are not working in this field. Using a constructor is okay if you don't have big requirements and expectations from the website, but if you want it to be qualitative, involving professionals will be required. I know that custom web design central coast are having some next level projects, and people are really enjoying the websites made by them.

You can create your website using templates.

Thread Information