Thread: Iphone system data

Iphone system data

Hey guys. Curious how often do you clear system data on your iphone
    And if you even know how to do it and why it is important

On my Apple devices, system data is always really high, at more than 15GB. I do not download things very often, but I do stream a lot of music. I monitor my storage, and none of the music services are taking more than 1 GB of storage, and my photos also take up less than 1GB.

I had constantly to factory-erase my devices. But recently, I surfed the Internet and found several other solutions:
    1. Shut down your iPhone. Wait a few minutes before turning it back on. Doing so will free up system resources and clear temporary files from your storage. It’s a lot easier than a reset of your phone.
    2. Clear cache in Safari. If Safari is your browser of choice, the cache can take up significant storage. Clear it by going to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data
    3. Delete offline content. Periodically delete offline content from your apps—such as downloaded shows in the Netflix app. You need to do this individually in the apps. Where possible, set them to auto-delete.
    4. Disable features. Apple devices and apps come with a lot of features, but you probably don’t need all of them. Disabling the ones you don’t use could help prevent the accumulation of system data. To disable features, click through your device’s settings menu and toggle off the ones you don’t use. Examples include the Translate app’s On-Device Mode (translates languages when you’re offline) and Apple Maps’ feature that knows where you parked.
    5. Identify rogue apps. As mentioned above, try temporarily eliminating apps from your phone to determine if there’s one using an inordinate amount of system data storage. It’s detective work but it can save you hassle in the long run.
    6. Finally… a factory reset. A factory reset followed by restoring your backup files is the surefire way to lower your system data. To do so, head over to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase All Content and Settings. If you do that, know that you will also be signed out of your Apple ID and all your apps, media, and personal data will be removed.

i hope at least one of the mentioned ways will help you.

I asked most of my friends and unfortunately none of them were doing that for some reason.
    That's why i found this article https://applenapps.co/clear-system-data-on-iphone/ and sent it to all of them.
    Good to know that someone is actually clearing system data from time to time.

Thread Information