Thread: SSL fruitful or not

SSL fruitful or not

SSL fruitful or not, please share your view ?

SSL is good for a website. Once a website is having an SSL certificate then all the communication between browser and server will be encrypted. There are less chances to have a hack on your website. You can show your website with HTTPs when you have SSL certificate which is now a ranking factor according to Google.

SSL is Even for sites that do not collect sensitive customer information, search engines suggest that switching to
    https is an increasingly good idea and may help improve rankings.

My personal experience with this whole ssl situation is unless you have a ecommerce site itss not done much in terms of ranking or traffic for my website. The warning that chrome gives that we were tols would deter users is so small i dont thinkmost people even see it. I thought it would be pop up warning or something. obviously my site is more secure now for users data, but users dont enter data into my site as i dont do eccommerce or anything like that. I would say get auto ssl but dont expect a ranking boost or anything.

If your site deal with logged in user base then definitely you should opt for SSL certificate. It just encrypts the connection for everyone's benefits. Even domain validation certificate works much better and Let's Encrypt offers it for free for 90 days with free renewals.

Google ranks sites that use SSL certificates higher and their free so why wouldn't you use them?

If you run an eCommerce site sending credit/debit card details or are sending any other sensitive data, then it should be fairly obvious why you need one.
    However, the not so obvious reason is that our good friend Google has decided to encourage as many site owners to setup SSL as possible.

Yes, get it

I would like to say in simple words ssl is fruitful If you are using form for a webpages.

If your site has a login, you need SSL to secure usernames and passwords. If you are using forms that ask for sensitive customer information, you need SSL to stop your customer data from being appropriated by hackers. If you're an e-commerce site, you may need an SSL certificate.
    Here are some Top service providers for SSL Certificate.

VeriSign.
    GeoTrust.
    Comodo.
    Digicert.
    Thawte.
    GoDaddy.
    Network Solutions.

Thread Information