Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Why is my site so slow.......Please help me

Why is my site so slow.......Please help me

I wonder if somebody can help me please. My website is really slow, at first I thought it was just me but other people have said the same thing so I know it’s a real problem. I’m using a super fast WP theme (X Theme, that is known for it’s speed of loading) and only have a few plugins (two caching plugins, AddThis, Google Analytics, Disqus and a related posts one) but it can take unto 20 seconds to load. Sometimes it can load within a second so I know there’s a problem somewhere.

I’ve spoken to the hosting company and they say it works for them and they can’t offer scripting help so I don’t know what to do. I’ve compressed the images as much as possible and have cached everything I can. I’ve tested the site with Google (PageSpeed Insights), Pingdom and GTmetrix with generally good but varying results.

Please can somebody help me with this as I’m loosing visitors by the day. The site can bee seen at https://www.horsefactbook.com

Hello!
    Here is the report from GTmetrix - https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.hor...k.com/o2TCbWti
    This report shows where your problems are: static components without a far-future expiration date, a lot of HTTP requests, static components that are not on CDN...
    Here are some tips on how to optimize your WordPress website:
    * use caching technique. Caching may be performed by caching plugins (the most popular option), browser (browser caching), or server (server caching). The most popular WordPress caching plugins in 2018 were WP Rocket, WP Super Cache and WP Total Cache. When combined with a system level page cache such as Varnish, this can be extremely powerful.
    * reduce the page size. It is the indisputable way to speed up an e-commerce page. The ways to reduce page size are numerous. For starters, you can concentrate on images and optimize them, or look at code minification. Reducing the number of files on the page also plays in favor of performance online store optimization.
    * reduce the number of requests.
    * minimize of JavaScript and CSS files - merging and minifying CSS and JS files can be a great solution, contribution to Magento website speed optimization aimed at helping to lighten the web page load. To that end, the total number of HTTP requests will also be reduced.
    You can also ask for help, request a free quote to know what we can do for you.

Compress your images. Combine your files to reduce the number of HTTP requests. A compression method call gzipping can reduce your site’s response size by 70 percent.

Website loading is slow only when it has unnecessary content. To avoid this inconvenience, you have to do some changes.
    -reduce unnecessary data from the pages
    -compress the size of the images of your website
    -use necessary CSS and JS.
    -remove the numbers of the requests of HTTP.

Compress your images. Combine your files to reduce the number of HTTP requests. A compression method call gzipping can reduce your site’s response size by 70 percent.
    You can also use the WP Rocket plugin to optimize your website.

Sometimes websites load slowly because of the server. ... If there is an issue with the server, this will take longer than normal. The cause of slow servers usually lays with the web host. You could be having a slow site because you are hosted on a free web hosting. To solve this isuue you have to Speedup your website using these following Tactics:

Minimize HTTP requests.
    Minify and combine files.
    Use asynchronous loading for CSS and JavaScript files.
    Defer JavaScript loading.
    Minimize time to first byte.
    Reduce server response time.
    Choose the right hosting option for your needs.
    Run a compression audit.

Solution for Website speed

Check CSS/JAVA/J query Scripts and Comprase it.
    Check the Size of Images you used in or on your site.

Hi! For desktop you site fast. But for mobile not good. See recommendation at https://developers.google.com/speed/...com&tab=mobile

make sure the images which you used on your website are light or .png format high resolution of images also effect on website loading time. Second think is hosting make sure your hosting is best if you wnna change it to another one check it https://www.websofttutorials.com/ and you will get huge discount on a2 hosting.

Server performance. Your website loads from the ground up. ...
    Server location. If you've ever made a long-distance call, you know that it takes longer to make the connection. ...
    Lots of traffic. ...
    Extra large images (and complex file format) ...
    Code density. ...
    Text graphics. ...
    Too many file requests (RTTs) ...
    Too many plugins.

I might due to your images, check if they are light.

You can also use the WP Rocket plugin to optimize your website.

To improve your websites speed you should check Google PageSpeed Insights, or examine using the built-in Google Chrome tool called Lighthouse.
    Navigate to your site, then right click and select Inspect, once the right panel opens up, go to the Lighthouse tab and push "Generate Report"
    Both of these will provide you with tasks that can be taken to improve your load times.

Additionally, you should check WebPageTest.org which does the same thing but gives you the option to check load times from various locations and varying connection speeds.

I had such an issue with one template I was using, then I switched to another one, and it is working perfectly well now. I recommend that you check out tthose website design templates, for example. I am pretty sure that you will find some good and interesting ones for you, good luck with it, guys!
    Last edited by jcage; 03-05-2021 at 03:12 AM.

Hello,

Please check all below steps in order to keep your blog or website speed.

Enable compression. ...
    Minify CSS, JavaScript, and HTML. ...
    Reduce redirects. ...
    Remove render-blocking JavaScript. ...
    Leverage browser caching. ...
    Improve server response time. ...
    Use a content distribution network. ...
    Optimize images.

Thanks
    SaranSaro

Thread Information