Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: What do you think is the most common mistake in beginners advertising attempts?

What do you think is the most common mistake in beginners advertising attempts?

In my experience the biggest beginners mistake in advertising is Never doing it but only reading about it . Over and over and over again. Or its trying it in a random way and not getting the results and giving up really quick.

What is your experience and view on this?

Hello David, I read your query on this forum before start advertising of any service or products. First, Clearly understand the area of advertising and scope of advertising media for your business. Proper Analysis of Competitors about your business and their understand if possible to work startegy on it. But some people do blunder mistakes in sdvertising likes as -

- Not Do Proper Analysis of Competitors
    - Understand Marketing Strategy
    - Use always Effective Media
    - Poor Data Analytics
    - Only focusing on big influencers
    - Not knowing your audience
    - Not using email marketing
    -
    -

Hey likesplays . I agree what you listed . One big deal is reaching out to too broad of an audience imo. Not narrowing down to their likes and interests that most resemble what you are trying to promote.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDiamond View Post
    In my experience the biggest beginners mistake in advertising is Never doing it but only reading about it .
    I agree ... some of it is being lazy and some of it is out of fear but either way they never pull the trigger.

I believe if you step into the arena and post and say what you think, no matter how crazy or off the wall your way of thinking is, you'll find yourself with a following.

The research and the data you can learn as you go but you've got too be willing to take the first step and play the fool while you find your footing.

The problems which beginners face is their accounts gets blocked due to posting too much on social media in daily basis with links, they should take care of it because their profile gets spam in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDiamond View Post
    In my experience the biggest beginners mistake in advertising is Never doing it but only reading about it . Over and over and over again. Or its trying it in a random way and not getting the results and giving up really quick.

What is your experience and view on this?
    Agree!

They try to do some ad but know nothing about it and don't want to learn thus they fail.

Forgot to add that they don't learn often even from their own mistakes )

I do Income Taxes for locals. I focus on building and sharing relational information. This is the key to marketing them latter for my Income Tax business on Facebook locals.
    Chris
    IRS Registered Tax Preparer

Some people do blunder mistakes in advertising likes as -

- Poor Data Analytics
    - Only focusing on big influencers
    - Not using email marketing
    - Not Do Proper Analysis of Competitors
    - Use always Effective Media
    - Not knowing your audience

Yes you are absolutely right. As a beginner we always afraid to initiate a step in advertising, as we fear that it will not work and will get our money down the drain. To be honest without experience no one ever moved ahead. We all have to experience failure to achieve something.

They're vs. Their vs. There.
    Your vs. You're.
    Its vs. It's.
    Incomplete Comparisons.
    Passive Voice.
    Dangling Modifiers.
    Referring to a Brand or Entity as 'They'
    Possessive Nouns.

if it's about online advertising – wrong targetting
    I wasted my first ppc budgets as well, because of a little bit wrong keywords and result was like I tried to sell sunglasses in the winter

The biggest is mistake is they try for few times and then say its not working.

When you try 5 times , you are succeeding 2 times .. good.. try 50 times and you will succeed 20 times.

Change your attitude

Do you think that offline methods are good? I like creating some promo items like those Die Struck Pins, for example, and I really think that they are very good for your business. Maybe you can give some some tips on other offline methods here
    Last edited by jcage; 12-01-2020 at 03:53 AM.

Thread Information