Thread: How To Encrypt Backup Data

How To Encrypt Backup Data

I have a family of 10 websites that i run, i keep a backup of all website on cloud. I am looking for a way to encrypt the backup of the website for better security. Can anyone suggest me the right direction?

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

Encrypting the Website date is wise option but it comes with some pros and cons.I think you can use the following optionsL
    1.You should use the SSL certificate on your all the websites.
    2. Download all the database back to the external drive and encrypt it using window utility like Bitlocker.
    3. For Mac you can use File Vault.
    4. You can also use Symantec Encryption Suite or Trend Micro Encryption suite to encrypt your website data.

Tell me, why carry out encryption?

IBM Spectrum Protect for Workstations provides AES256 encryption for files stored on a remote server. The backup encryption feature provides an extra layer of file protection in a remote storage area.

I didn't even know about it

You should not only encrypted your backup

In my company we encrypted our backup but for security reasons we also use VPN. I think that every company should have VPN service too. We tried 2 different VPN's and they didn't worked well or us, so we searched for VPN which will give better service for our business company and we found NordVPNTeams. They have one of the biggest server pools and strict no-logs policy which is very important for us.

Our lost files can be retrieved by backup, so that we can avoid major losses. And we need encryption for the security of our data so that our sensitive data is not leaked or stolen.

You can Encrypt Backup data by Veracrypt and Boxcryptor

Thread Information