Thread: How to compare files in folders?

How to compare files in folders?

I need to compare the files (including all subfolders) in the specified folders from the batch file, and then delete from the current folder those files that are not in the reference folder. In other words - you need to synchronize the current folder with the reference. Help advice how to do it quickly

I can advise you to use the free utility from Microsoft - Robocopy to synchronize folders. It is convenient because in addition to command line keys it has a graphical interface in which you can visually select copy options and save them as a cmd script.

Quote Originally Posted by tinakinna View Post
    I need to compare the files (including all subfolders) in the specified folders from the batch file, and then delete from the current folder those files that are not in the reference folder. In other words - you need to synchronize the current folder with the reference. Help advice how to do it quickly

I use diff tool https://www.devart.com/codecompare/ With this tool you can combine and compare files, as well as folders or directories. Working with him is easy and convenient, very good interface., Even a beginner can.

Compare two folders (files and sub-folders) and see what files are the same and what files are different.
    Display the folder comparison side-by-side.
    Reconcile the files manually, or use one of the five automatic reconciliation methods: Synchronization, Backup, Mirroring, Replication or Consolidation.
    ViceVersa PRO works with folders on any media: Hard-disks, USB disks, NAS, Flash drives, DVD-RW, CD-RW, etc.

You can compare files using Winmerge or Windiff they are also useful for Comparing Files and Folders.

Thread Information