Thread: Conversion Rate is Going Down

Hybrid View

Conversion Rate is Going Down

I have an e-commerce website and deals in electronics products like battery, inverter, stabilizers, solar panel and more. On our website daily 500+ customers visit to buy products, but very few customers (i.e 20-30) showing their interest. So here my main concern is that how to increase website conversion rate so most of the customers purchase products.

Maybe try describing your products better with better quality photos. Or maybe competition is too high in your field. Or maybe you need to try new tactics. Remember that social media, SEO and paid ads are really powerful tools.

You are getting the good amount of traffic but conversion is not happening. Now you need to focus on increasing conversions in order to make some profit.

There are 2 ways you can approach to this issue:

Increase traffic to your store so that you'll make profit with same conversion rate
    Optimize conversion rate so that you'll make profit with same traffic
    Obviously, you should focus on a mixed strategy to have better profits. So you need to do a root cause analysis of customer behavior. Ask these questions to yourself -

- Why people are abandoning the carts

- Which pages / products are having maximum exit rate

- What combination of products people are purchasing

- Why visitors are leaving the website and which pages are the culprit

Use a good analytics solution and try to find out answer to above (and many more similar) questions. Act smartly to eliminate those causes and you will see a surge in your conversion rate.

I recently posted a blog on similar topic, hope it will help you: https://www.iqlect.com/blog/5-tips-t...age-customers/

Quote Originally Posted by mayanktanwar View Post
    I have an e-commerce website and deals in electronics products like battery, inverter, stabilizers, solar panel and more. On our website daily 500+ customers visit to buy products, but very few customers (i.e 20-30) showing their interest. So here my main concern is that how to increase website conversion rate so most of the customers purchase products.
    Do you have a link to a website?

And where is your traffic coming from?

The Four main reasons are:
    Reason #1: Your CTAs aren’t converting.
    Reason #2: Your value proposition isn’t clear.
    Reason #3: Your popups are too intrusive.
    Reason #4: Your copy is missing something.

To increase your conversion rate (CR), you need to have proper website usability, visual attractiveness, simplicity in making orders, and availability of various payment and delivery methods. Below I tell about what should be done to have high website conversions:
    Improve Website Navigation to Make It Clear. Firstly, you need to use analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Mixpanel, KissMetrics) to see how visitors move through the site, how many categories they sifted through before finding the right one, and whether they found what they searched for or instead just closed the page. Then, it's time for improvement. Show products in a gridview and combine it with a navigation pane and carousel option in the top of the page.
    Create High-Quality Descriptions of Your Products. Extend the description section on your website to tell more about your product. Don’t be boring. Create a story around your product! The main points to consider when writing text for the product description section are:
    Make the text easy to read
    Write short sentences – 15-25 words
    Predict potential questions and try to answer them in the description
    Tell your website’s visitors about the benefits of your product
    Use simple, everyday language
    Include keywords in the text, but don’t overstuff them

Support & guide your customers with live chat. Live chat delivers a virtual in-store experience. Communicating with users and solving their problems, virtual assistants lead them to the checkout process, starting with the simple question: “Hi, how can I help you?”.
    Use only high-quality product images.
    Offer Freebies: Low Prices, Specials, and Promotions. Sometimes, people buy goods because they are at a discount, not because they really need them. To entice these shoppers, you can launch an ad with discounts, add a banner to the homepage, and display promotional products in a recommended products section. Also, be sure to set a deadline, after which the discount burns. The closer it gets, the more willingly visitors will buy goods. BUT, stay smart: a 30%-off offer on every product on your website will increase your conversion dramatically.

it can be due to increase in bounce rate, bounce rate may occur due to slow loading of the website or not good content on your website.

conversion going down, their main reason can be :-
    your content on the site is not relevance
    your keyword is not relevant
    you haven't done the on page of the seo properly
    you website may be not interactive with customers
    you may haven't use can with me plugin on your website from the user can contact you and you can increase the generate of leads

To increase conversions, there are many important factors you need to look at. In the e-commerce business, it also depends on what offers you are providing with your products and how's your website's experience. UI & UX should be very easy for visitors to select and buy a product easily. Your landing page should be optimized perfectly, use strategies to increase conversions on your website. Below are some elements to look for-
    1. Write a Compelling Headline & Description of Product
    2. Use Clear & Prominent CTA
    3. Show User Reviews
    4. Present Exclusive Offers on Product
    5. Give Extra Discount on Cart
    6. Use Exit-Intent Popups

Thread Information