Thread: How I've been building Domain Authority and natural backlinks

How I've been building Domain Authority and natural backlinks

Hey all!

I've been a long-time lurker on this forum. I'm mostly an SEO/business guy, so a lot of technical things tend to escape me and this community has been a crazy good resource for me. I figured I'd chip in to the discussion for once and share a strategy that works really well for me on the backlink/SEO front.

Has anyone here tried using Q&A Links to generate referral traffic and boost your link profile? It’s a strategy I’ve been using for a while to build highly relevant backlinks and drive targeted traffic to my websites, and I’ve seen some great results.

I haven’t been able to find any posts with instructions on how to actually go about building these links quickly, so I figured I’d give something back and make one myself! Here’s an in-depth explanation of exactly how I create Q&A Links:

Step 1: I Set Up The Accounts

The first thing I do is set up an account for each of the websites I’m trying to rank on 10 different major Q&A sites (like Quora, Fluther, etc.). I then personalize the page as much as possible by creating a custom description, adding my social media accounts, and uploading my logo.

Step 2: I Choose Some Targeted, Relevant Questions

The next thing I do is choose 10 different questions related to my business niche. For example, if you were building links for an insurance website, you might choose questions like “what is the best type of life insurance” - you get the picture! I’ve found it helps to get inside the head of my target market and try to think about what questions they might ask.

Step 3: I Write a Detailed, Relevant Answer

Finally, I do a little research on each question so that I can write an accurate answer. The answer should be of as much value to the reader as possible. The aim is to get upvotes so your answer commands more authority. I also include any target keywords that I want to rank for in each answer (as naturally as possible) and a natural, contextual backlink. I tend to vary between branded, naked, and generic anchor text for each answer. Once I’ve written the 10 questions and answers, I post them to 10 different Q&A sites from the accounts I built in step 1.

The Results

The best thing about this strategy for me is that it lets me leverage the ranking power of authoritative Q&A sites. Q&A sites tend to rank on the first page of the SERPs for tons of search queries. By having a link in some of those pages, I can generate lots of referral traffic. I also get the added bonus of having 10 powerful, highly-relevant backlinks from high DA websites.

The biggest problem with this strategy for me is the amount of time I need to invest in researching and answering different questions. Those that don't have the time or the content writing ability are usually the types of clients that my company works with, but if you've never done any link building, this is an easy DIY strategy you can start with to bolster some quick wins.

Has anyone used any other link building strategies that they’d recommend? Let me know! Let's get a discussion started.

Cheers,

Joost

Wow, I never read this much valuable and informative post. I found this article very interested. I appreciate your thoughts and waiting for another post... Well, for building domain authority and natural back links, you can do such activities:-
    1. Work on Your Off-Page SEO. ...
    2. On-Page SEO Optimization. ...
    3. Work on Your Technical SEO. ...
    4. Make Sure Your Website is Mobile Friendly. ...
    5. Improve Your Page Speed. ...
    6. Increase Your Social Signals. ...
    7. Be Patient

Quote Originally Posted by Joozed View Post
    Hey all!

I've been a long-time lurker on this forum. I'm mostly an SEO/business guy, so a lot of technical things tend to escape me and this community has been a crazy good resource for me. I figured I'd chip in to the discussion for once and share a strategy that works really well for me on the backlink/SEO front.

Has anyone here tried using Q&A Links to generate referral traffic and boost your link profile? It’s a strategy I’ve been using for a while to build highly relevant backlinks and drive targeted traffic to my websites, and I’ve seen some great results.

I haven’t been able to find any posts with instructions on how to actually go about building these links quickly, so I figured I’d give something back and make one myself! Here’s an in-depth explanation of exactly how I create Q&A Links:

Step 1: I Set Up The Accounts

The first thing I do is set up an account for each of the websites I’m trying to rank on 10 different major Q&A sites (like Quora, Fluther, etc.). I then personalize the page as much as possible by creating a custom description, adding my social media accounts, and uploading my logo.

Step 2: I Choose Some Targeted, Relevant Questions

The next thing I do is choose 10 different questions related to my business niche. For example, if you were building links for an insurance website, you might choose questions like “what is the best type of life insurance” - you get the picture! I’ve found it helps to get inside the head of my target market and try to think about what questions they might ask.

Step 3: I Write a Detailed, Relevant Answer

Finally, I do a little research on each question so that I can write an accurate answer. The answer should be of as much value to the reader as possible. The aim is to get upvotes so your answer commands more authority. I also include any target keywords that I want to rank for in each answer (as naturally as possible) and a natural, contextual backlink. I tend to vary between branded, naked, and generic anchor text for each answer. Once I’ve written the 10 questions and answers, I post them to 10 different Q&A sites from the accounts I built in step 1.

The Results

The best thing about this strategy for me is that it lets me leverage the ranking power of authoritative Q&A sites. Q&A sites tend to rank on the first page of the SERPs for tons of search queries. By having a link in some of those pages, I can generate lots of referral traffic. I also get the added bonus of having 10 powerful, highly-relevant backlinks from high DA websites.

The biggest problem with this strategy for me is the amount of time I need to invest in researching and answering different questions. Those that don't have the time or the content writing ability are usually the types of clients that my company works with, but if you've never done any link building, this is an easy DIY strategy you can start with to bolster some quick wins.

Has anyone used any other link building strategies that they’d recommend? Let me know! Let's get a discussion started.

Cheers,

Joost

I read your post and it is very interesting to me, I will follow these tips in my SEO, and I hope it will be helpful to me

Do you have any idea about how to increase website DA?

Thank you
    Quickbooks Hosting

Thread Information