"OK, Google!" Perhaps, you have done this ‘OK Google' stuff if you want to seek some information online. Especially if you are using an Android device right now. The other terms like Siri from Apple, Cortana from Windows, and Alexa from Amazon are also helpful to answer every question that sticks in your mind. Every single day. This new method insists us to innovate and find new SEO strategy to elevate the website's page rank.

Well, I got this from Forbes. According to Mary Meeker's Internet Trends report in 2016, voice searches increased more than 35-fold between 2008 and 2016. According to Location World, more than 40 percent of adults used voice-based search on a daily basis in 2016. And predictions by ComScore estimate that more than 50 percent of searches will be voice-based by 2020.

As far as I know, Google forces itself to make more advertising about their search engine. They also offer a new value to its users that it can do almost anything with a single search engine. Actually, it tends to promote the Google Assistant and beat other AI (Artificial Intelligence) in the competition.

Google Search

Google Web Search or Google Search or Google is not just a simple search engine now. It evolves into something new. Something better.

Hummingbird

Before this article, I have talked about ‘Google Caffeine', the algorithm made by Google to develop a brand new experience when searching online with Google Search. But I didn't do my research long enough. There are already the newest one for Google Search Engine. They named it ‘Google Hummingbird' because its quickness and accuracy in finding your search result.

According to Wikipedia, the upgrade marked the most significant change to Google search in years, with more "human" search interactions and a much heavier focus on conversation and meaning. Thus, web developers and writers were encouraged to optimize their sites with natural writing rather than forced keywords and make effective use of technical web development for on-site navigation

Voice Mobile Search

Just like what I said in the first place, we now tend to use conversational search by using the voice command to search anything to know. Especially for mobile search. Google just make a voice feature for mobile usage, not desktop. In fact, since the mobile phone is spreading like a virus across the world, we also search anything we want by using the mobile phone instead. Using the desktop version takes too long and inefficient. So, we prefer the faster one.

Also, Google develops a human-like experience for Google Assistant. Well, all personal digital assistant these days like Google Assistant, Siri, Alexa, and Cortana are serving a ‘natural voice and we can chat with them like we chat with a real person. Although it needs more improvement (especially in voice recognition problem), we still find it savvy, helpful, and more efficient to get our search result. It feels like we become Tony Stark for a while and ask Jarvis or Friday to do our search (Avengers hype).

The New Problem

As we got conversational search and want to use more than before, we know this is a problem because we can't depend more on keyword playing. We need ourselves to make contents that still looks natural, human-like, and not spammy.

And when we do a voice search, we will say something like this:

• How to get an e-commerce website?
  • What do I need to get an e-commerce website?
  • How to create an e-commerce site?
  • What agency do I need to make e-commerce site?

But I think Google also understand this and it will help them to find an accurate website. It also helps us to get more visitor as well. The only thing we should do now is to create a good SEO strategy for our site. The help from Google won't affect anything if we can't make an SEO-friendly content.

SEO Strategy for E-Commerce Website

To make sure you can lift up your website's page rank, you need to consider shifting your SEO strategy. In fact, you can use this problem as a chance to gain more visitor. Still, people that access your site from the mobile phone also need to find your article useful. Otherwise, they will close your site and look for another one.

Audit The Strategy

Your current SEO strategy needs to be audited by yourself. Perhaps, if you don't have time for that or you don't have skills to so, you can contact and hire a web developer. Ask them to create a better SEO strategy for you. And you can add the idea yourself. The decision is always from you anyway.

Long-tail Keyword

I think since it's SEO strategy, the first thing we should consider is the keyword. The keyword is the soul of SEO. But the fact that we have a different search engine now (I mean Google), we don't have to force a lot of keywords. Instead, we could make it more human and natural.

Content

Also, when you create a content, make sure that you don't put a lot of keyword in it and forget the most important part of the content. To make you look more professional, the content must be full of answers. You can use a mini monolog to relate it to the voice search as well. Still don't force it too hard because Google also has rules for preposition word. Make sure you get it right and find some way to create a significant keyword.

Tags

Use a question-like tag to gain your audience. It's more useful that way. But don't make it too long.

Advertising

The final tips from us are advertising. Use Google AdSense to get more audience is necessary if you are a new e-commerce player. This will help the SEO strategy. But of course, you need a lot of money to do so. It depends on your budget. If you spend a lot on Google Ad, you also need to decrease another aspect of your business. So that it will have a maximum impact for a newcomer.