Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Shopify vs Woocommerce: Who's better?

Lightbulb Shopify vs Woocommerce: Who's better?

I'm confused about choosing who is better in between Shopify and woocommerce. Please give your answers.

Its really hard to say which is better - Shopify or WooCommerce. Both have their own pros and cons. It totally depends on the business type and resources available. If you go for designs and price then Shopify has an upper hand with lots of visual themes and transparent pricing. Although woocommerce can be totally free to use with Wordpress but there are other cost involved. By choosing Shopify you can concentrate on your business rather than concentrating on the website.

Deepak, you are absolutely right

But shopify is more useful and user friendly than woocommerce. Product data management is very easy in shopify. They used very limited columns in the import part and categorization is absolutely fantastic.

In Woocommerce, the product data management is little tuff than shopify. If you would like to add 1000 products with its variants, you have to upload first parent product and export that parent product to get ID to upload option of a product. Therefore this is little difficult

We always recommend Shopify

If the clients would like to avoid unnecessary expenses for building an ecommerce shop, you can check with one time payment like ecommerce platform like shopysuite

Quote Originally Posted by MLveda View Post
    I'm confused about choosing who is better in between Shopify and woocommerce. Please give your answers.
    WooCommerce's code is a mess and its built on the most hacked platform in the world.

Shopify is built in python but then they just rent you the code, you pay and when you stop you leave with nothing.

And parts of Shopify can't be modified so your limited in what you can and can not customize.

Other words, they both **** and are a waste of time to mess with.

I will go Shopify . Here is why:

Easy To Setup And Use. Shopify is a no-fuss platform, which is easy to setup and use.
    Visually Appealing Online Store.
    App Integrations
    Security and Reliability.
    Excellent Loading Speed.
    Powerful Marketing Tools.
    Mobile Responsiveness.
    Outstanding Customer Support and more

Quote Originally Posted by MLveda View Post
    The learning curve in using Woocommerce/Wordpress is quite longer than when you use Shopify. You don't need to have programming or coding skills, plus, Shopify have lots of awesome apps you can use for your store like Importify, Klaviyo, FB Quick Chat, and Editorify reviews. I like the ease and convenience of Shopify, plus they have tutorials and responsive support team.

There is no clear answer of which one works more effectively between Shopify vs. WooCommerce because each one has its advantages over the other. Nevertheless, it’s undeniable that Shopify is suitable for the beginners, and WooCommerce is more flexible and less limited. Your decision is based on the condition and direction of your business.

Shopify is great if you want something very simple that doesn't require much time to learn how to use.

WordPress is much better for customization but has a steeper learning curve when it comes to learning how to build a website.

They are different:
    - Shopify is a software platform for online stores and retail point of sale (POS) systems. Shopify is easy-to-use, allowing you to manage your orders and products, connect with your staff, and track sales effortlessly. It's self-hosted, so you don't need to take care of this. Using Shopify, you don't need to create a website from a scratch: you get an empty store which you should fill in with the theme, apps, goods, products&information, etc. BUT: there is a dark side. Since you have no access to the backend/code, you cannot add more functionality than Shopify allows, no design or front-end customizations. It means that your website will look more or less the same as other Shopify store. If it's okay for you, let it be. So, you can try to create the Shopify website on your own or create and then hire a professional development team, who will quickly fill it with apps, customize it as much as possible, and make it working fast. Shopify is not free.
    - - WooCommerce is a plugin for WordPress. It contains pre-installed payment gateways, data control, a multifunctional shopping cart, and the ability to set up extensions for any purpose you may have. WooC. has millions of users. This e-commerce solution stands somewhere between Shopify and Magento: it's simpler than Magento, more easy-to-use, allows more customizations than Shopify but less than Magento. It has a lot of plugins to install and extend your website's functionality. Plus, you don't need to close your existing website, just install WooCommerce plugin. After that, you can set all configurations and plugins on your own or hire a development team who will make everything for you.

I will recommend you choose WooCommerce because:

- Free download
    - You can fully control your store
    - Supported by a large community
    - Customize your store easily with many free extensions
    - Use the best CMS (WordPress)

I do not compare the budget because it depends on your requirements. Both WooCommerce and Shopify are suitable for beginners and small businesses. WooCommerce is a bit more complicated.

Shopify is the king when it comes to ecommerce and Wordpress is the king when it coms to blogging.

As Woocommerce is just an addon for Wordpress, it can't be compared to Shopify, Shopify is a complete ecommerce platform, user friendly and pretty easy to use, i'm running successful Shopify ecommerce store using the fastest Shopify theme named Plak, i don't think there is such a fast and powerful theme in Wordpress.

So in my opinion, if your main purpuse is ecommerce, so go with Shopify, but if your main purpose is blogging, go with Wordpress.

Cheers

I would say Shopify is better.
    Why?
    1. Easy to use
    2. Easy app integrations
    3. best for small and large businesses

There are many email and sms automation apps which helps in making customer engagement which results in high ROI and helps online merchants to stay connected with the online merchants.

It's 2020, Shopify is a clear win.

The platform is super user friendly, you don't need to know a single line of code to use it. The support team is awesome too. Even if you don't have any business experience, dropshipping on Shopify is a super low entry barrier business model for you to try.
    Last edited by johncharles64; 06-05-2020 at 05:14 AM.

WooCommerce is better than Shopify in the case of an E-commerce website. WooCommerce security and service are very high. It is a user friendly platform.

Shopify or WooCommerce you asked?

Well depends on whom is asking:

If you are a hands on technical person, go with WooCommerce it will save you some cost.

If you have less time or are not a technical person, or do not enjoy the DIY coding, trouble fixing process, then go with Shopify.

I have been told Shopify have people on the line 24/7 almost similar to GoDadddy. So their support is that good.

But at what cost? Almost 4 times cost (higher obviously) to WooCommerce.

OK now, Decision time? =)

Thread Information