Thread: Online Website Builder for Small Business Starter

Lightbulb Online Website Builder for Small Business Starter

Online Business

The online business market share has a significant growth in the recent years. And most people who want to start a business, think that online business has a prospective customer that will give them huge income. As long as they do it genuinely and strategically. And one of the categories in online business is using a website as the media. Therefore, you need an online website builder to build the website, obviously.

Categories of Website Builder

FYI, just in case you don't know about website builder, there are two main categories for a website builder, the online website builder, and the offline one. For the online website builder, you need to visit the web hosting service or simply the platform you choose to make your website and sign up first. After that, you can access the website builder and start making your website. No coding skill needed to use this online website builder. WYSIWYG principle has applied to most online platforms. Especially for the famous ones.

In the other hand, the offline one provides you a software that you can use to build your own website. So there are several operations like installing your software, coding process and manage to build your website from scratch. There are also templates and extension that you can implement to your website. So it's way more independent and needs specific skills to use. But it's far more genuine and professional because you have been provided with unlimited creation. Moreover, if the software is an open source platform.

Platforms

After we know about the categories of website builder, we should dive deeper into the main topic. There are a lot of online website builder. Like Wix, Wordpress, Squarespace, Shopify, and Weebly. Actually, there are more of it, but I think those five is quite famous. Let's discuss it one by one.

Wix

Founded and Headquartered in Tel Aviv, you can start to make a personal website and business website from this online website builder. Wix has spread its wing to another business using Wix websites like Wix Hotel, Wix Music, and Wix Restaurant. It seems like they are using the Wix Website Builder as the core value and expand their business in different approaches.

The feature is pretty much the same as other platforms. The easiest thing is the drag-and-drop feature. You can see the example from their YouTube channel. You can insert big pictures simply by using your pointer to drag and drop wherever you want. Stretch and shrink features are provided as well. But of course, it's still limited to the source code of the website.

However, there is an app that you can use the mobile phone. But it's not quite good because the rating is below 4.0. so it still needs more update to maintenance the app and brings more value to it. Just download it from Play Store or Apple Store. Just in case you need to visit your website from a mobile phone.

Shopify

The Green Bag is one of the platforms that also support retailers in the cyber world. They provide a website that could help you bring great experience when selling your retail products. Just like Magento, it specializes in online shopping or people who eager to do e-commerce business. So if you want another kind of business, you can't use Shopify as your partner in crime.

In my opinion, the competitive advantage of Shopify is in Oberlo. The company that supports entrepreneurs across the world to join the competition of e-commerce as the drop-shipper. Oberlo will provide anyone tons of product and you can re-sell it to anyone as well. No need to pack and ship the products to your customer. Oberlo at your service. So basically, Shopify not only supports your website as the online website builder but also help you to start selling retail products as you want.

Squarespace

There two main categories to choose and all of them are for business purposes. The first category is building a website that oriented for personal and general business. The second category is specific for building an online store. And those two categories have a specific amount of cash to be paid off. So you can exactly calculate how many cash that you can afford to get your premium website.

Make an app for android to get in touch with your own website. But the rating is not good enough. It's below 4.0 and still needs some improvement in the future. But if you want to know more, you can try it yourself.

Weebly

Just like Drag and drop feature for making a general website and online store. Its specialization is the super simple design generator. The drag-and-drop feature is super friendly for an amateur. Perhaps you can learn for only 10-15 minutes. Weebly also has an app for you, just in case if you need to access your website from a mobile phone. And the rating is 4.3 and have downloaded by more than 1 million people. So it's quite good. But there is no more special competitive advantage for this platform.

Wordpress

Wordpress is good for general online business, but not for e-commerce purposes (particularly for online retail). If you want to roll on e-commerce industry, I think it's better to try the other platforms. Since Wordpress is mostly used for non-e-commerce business or personal branding. It also used for people who love blogging. So if your business needs blog site to increase the traffic you should jump on this platform at once.

For business purposes, I think it's better to use a specific URL that looks professional and easy to remember. Wordpress gives you free account since your first sign up, but you can upgrade it into premium account that gives you several special features. Well, just like a freemium app on Android that gives you basic feature at first, when you need an upgrade you need to put some cash on it and get what you want. It's pretty obvious.

You can use your own web hosting service or just use three main plans that Wordpress offered. Each of it serves several features with a specific number to be paid off. Yet obviously, the most expensive one will give you no limitation and you can expand your online business whatever and whenever you want. The only limit is your imagination and creativity.

There is also an app for Android and iOS which is well-developed and easy to use. Since I'm a blogger as well, I use Wordpress as my platform to write down my blog post. And in my personal opinion, so far Wordpress is quite awesome for people who love to blog.

Another Option

If you want to make a pure genuine business website, then I think you can try Magento to make your own. This web builder is not online And it's capable to bring you 100% of flexibility. Besides, it's complicated to understand, that's why it's better to hire a web developer that will help you to build one. You can try to contact one of the Magento Expert here. About the charge, you just need to pay what you need. So basically it's way more efficient, yet effective to make your business website just in time. It's all up to you anyway. Just visit us if you have made up your mind. Ciao!

This is a very useful piece of information, I should say! I'm sure many people will find it interesting, especially those who don't have any coding knowledge and are going to create a website for the first time. thanks for sharing! Personally I prefer using exactly web builders as they are easy-to-use and don't require special skills. I can't say that I tried many ways of site creation, but in my opinion, using of website builders for business is a good choice.

I've built a few websites for business operators using Wordpress. Not Wordpress.com — it's too limiting. For eCommerce some of them were using 1shoppingcart.com. If you do a search, you can find a couple of wordpress plugins to help, but they aren't needed.

Regards,
    Steve

Yes, this is a very useful piece of information in my eyes also. Some adding points in my view :

Key to success in getting customers attraction for your business is hyper-local marketing.

Tips for better growth are :
    Improve your site to mobile user-friendly
    Put Ads of your local business
    Try to engage in the best way on Local Social platform
    You can consult different companies to raise your business, and do check on competitors for better improvement in your traffic.

Also add extensions in your website so that customers can attract buyers.

Best Magento 2 Extensions and Plugins by Onismcraft

Sample Gift Products: With this help of Sample gift product extension, all Customers can order sample gifts with original products on the basis of Admin Sample gift cart rule. This extension also helps customers for choosing their sample products as they like. Admin can provide multiple choices for them. This is a stunning feature for marketing which increases sales and attracts more and more people to come on the website.

Product Grouped Discount: For an e-commerce website, this Product Grouped Discount extension is a special offer. If store owner looking for providing group discount into the bundle of multiple products to attract buyers then this extension helps them a lot. Here store owner can create a bundle of multiple products and apply the discount to it on the whole group or an individual product as well. Also then can combine different types of products into one package and apply a group discount.

Print Product PDF: Print Product Pdf extension allows the feature by which buyer can print can print pdf from frontend and also can send printed pdf to their email as well by one click. It's also allow to store owner to print multiple products in single Pdf.

Quite genuine information you have shared, I highly recommend Wordpress while creating sites for a small business organization. Might be all your suggestion works, but I an not aware of their features because never used them but yes, I know some of the Weebly's features.

Great piece of information you have written but will you get satisfied by using this type of platforms, these platforms can be helpful for your small business?
    From the above platform, list hopes you can get all help that you needed for your business.

That's super nice, honestly something that all small businesses should start with.

I agree that all small businesses should start with this. In this world of digitalization, you can't exist as a company without having a site. I started a small business myself during quarantine, as everyone did, haha. I've personally used https://www.boxmode.com/landing-page-builder because it has some great prices for the services and features they offer. Of course, there are a lot of options out there, but I can't recommend what I haven't tried, so I'll stick with this recommendation. I feel like this is what makes some companies stand out from the crowd.

Oh, thanks for sharing this information for starter business.

Thread Information