Thread: Analytics and bots

Analytics and bots

Is there any reliable way through your hosting providers cpanel or perhaps google analytics to remove or filter out spiders and crawlers to get a more accurate view on the usage of your site?

I am not sure about hosting providers and or cpanel but with Google analytics you can definitely filter out the bots.

To filter bot traffic from Google Analytics, go to your Admin settings. Under the View panel, you’ll find View Settings. Toward the bottom of the options, just before Site Search Settings, you’ll find a small heading for Bot Filtering with a checkbox that reads: Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders. Check it, and you’ll automatically filter the known bots and spiders from your Analytics collecting.

Bots, that means we can filter out them on every platform, isn't it? The setting option you disclosed was quite easy to understand but pick out time to consider upon my question. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by deepakiqlect View Post
    I am not sure about hosting providers and or cpanel but with Google analytics you can definitely filter out the bots.

To filter bot traffic from Google Analytics, go to your Admin settings. Under the View panel, you’ll find View Settings. Toward the bottom of the options, just before Site Search Settings, you’ll find a small heading for Bot Filtering with a checkbox that reads: Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders. Check it, and you’ll automatically filter the known bots and spiders from your Analytics collecting.
    Thanks for this I never knew this option was available on Analytics I doubt its a 100% accurate but i have no dount that it will eliminate alot of false data

Analytic Bots Allow Users To "Talk" with Their Data
    They make data more accessible and easier to interact with because it is being relayed to people using natural language. In a real way, analytic bots make it possible for users to have a conversation with their data, in a way that feels easy and far from mechanical.

How to Spot Bot traffic in Google Analytics: Click on Acquisition on the left-hand column, then click All Traffic and Channels. From this list, under the Default Channel Grouping column of the report that will appear, click Referral

Because of this, analytic bots can be used to answer questions posed by business users and consumers. ... Many bots also use charts and visualizations to make data easily understood. They can also provide alerts when data changes.

Thread Information