Thread: Cheap Web Design for Small Business

Cheap Web Design for Small Business

We all know that we have different start when we want to do an online business. Especially when you decided to use a website as your basic operation to all production and promotion. But to make a website, there are a lot of sacrifices to be made. Start from learning about online business, choosing the model of your business, doing market research and set the target of market share, doing production works, building a website to add and promote your product or service, and doing an evaluation as well as upgrading your website if necessary. All the works need to be considered thoroughly. As well as considering cheap web design.

And above all, those works need money. When you can't fulfill your need, you must make a loan from a bank or ask some investor to help you start your online business. Or if you already have a low budget, you will need to find a cheap way to get what you need. For example, if you want to design your website, you need to find a web designer that will charge you a low-cost design. But since most people will think that cheap means nasty or ugly, you still want a cheap web design that serves you a well-designed website.

That's why I'm here. I want to tell you the fact about cheap web design and give you an option to start building your website.

Cheap vs Expensive

Actually, cheap or expensive is relative. It's based on the budget and how you see the price. When you have a lot of cash or a mountain of money in the bank, people like that won't see that buying a Lamborghini is expensive. Sometimes they will say that it's just a hobby and they don't have to wipe a sweat because of that. In short, it depends on our perspectives.

In the end, the most important thing when deciding to get a web designer is effectiveness and efficiency. Effective to get a good design that will entice the customer to stay longer and efficient to cost your team with a minimum budget. That's all the point.

Since it's all about budgeting, to make a cheap web design, you can start with making a scale of priority. Priority scale is very important in budgeting (actually, you need to learn more about this since you are going to start a small online business). For example, people from the food industry, specific to making pizza, will set up the production phase as the first priority. Because they are selling a pizza to get a profit. It's the core value of them. Something like market research or promotion will get a bit less cost from their wallet.

How about the website? It depends. When that pizza guy set the website design and development as their second priority (after the pizza), then they will spend a lot more to get a good website. I think it's not a cheap web design nor it's expensive. But it's affordable for them because they made up their mind and they want a good design to deliver the taste of their pizza digitally (well, since it's pizza, you need to put a picture of the pizza that looks good and attract the people to buy it).

Freelance or Web Company

There are two kinds of a web designer, a freelancer, and a web company. Mostly, some people will be confused about what should they choose. I will discuss a lot more about the freelance web designer later in my future article. But for now, let's focus on how you choose the agency and get an affordable web design.

Mostly, a freelance designer will costs you less than a web design company. But sometimes it could be more than you think. So we don't have a fixed standard for this one. But we all know, the more complicated our web design, the more we need to pay. So let's focus on that thing.

If all you want is a stiff web design with no animation, you can find a lot of free theme or template across the digital world. But if you want a unique one, then freelance or web company will help you with that. I think you can negotiate the cost while you explain which direction you want to go.

Mobile Web Design

Don't forget to put this on your checklist. Since online business will get more audience from a mobile phone, making a website that will fit all devices, to all screens, whether it's big or small, you will gain more sales from it. Not every freelance has the specialization to make a responsive web design. As well as a web company.

Ah yes, you won't get another charge if you want a responsive web design. There are a lot of themes that already responsive. And I think there is also some framework (like Bootstrap) that will help you in this case.

Transparency and Teamwork

Two principles to choose a web agency is their transparency and teamwork. Particularly, if you want a cheap web design, you need to know how your hired agency works and involving you as their partner to make a good teamwork. Yes, even when your time is limited since that future website will be your core media to do business, then it's very important to schedule your time for at least look how your partner design your website.

Whether you choose freelancer or web design company, I will let you think about that. But if I could give you some advice, you need to know that the person or team you hired has a good work ethic, especially in transparency and teamwork. You jump into the project. Put a little of your idea on it. Direct the person that you hired. Therefore you will get your cheap web design fairly.

If you have more question, try to visit us here.

P.S. In next week I will discuss more what is a freelance web designer. Perhaps we should talk about the cost and benefit when you hired a freelance designer as well. See you in my next article!

Hey, nowadays web design is one of the most needed and quick developed IT spheres. If you feel like you it's not yours, but you need some of this to be done, you can try reaching illustration agency and be okay.

At the initial stage, I worked with freelancers, now I prefer companies with extensive experience and a good reputation.

Thanks for the post. Small business today needs at least a mobile app to get more customers. You can check a blog of this mobile app development company https://madappgang.com/blog/mobile-p...p-development/ to read about the development of payment applications. This company can create this type of app for you, so you can contact them if you need it.

If you just need a simple web design the cheapest way is to do everything yourself. Lucky us, there tons of great education videos available on youtube for free.

Thanks for the tip

I think there are tons of free and pretty design options for websites these days. For example, there are some really cool free website templates out there.

Maybe it sounds too useful to be true because you listened to your opponents paid thousands for their website, and you’re good to be skeptical at this point

Cheap also means cost-effective. Any association; whether it is a big one or the small one, needs to develop a website.

Nowadays even small traders, self-employed people, freelancers, etc. are launching really good websites at more affordable rates. With the advent of the internet, cheap websites are now in demand.

I noticed that some small businesses go for a Facebook page instead of a website, which is a very bad option in my opinion. I really think it is necessary for businesses of any size/type to have a website. Now, when it comes to cheap vs. expensive, I do agree that it's relative and I also think that it is possible to get yourself a great website without paying a fortune.

*** Post Removed by Site Staff. Advertising isn't allowed. ***

Website templates for all tastes are now priced from $39 to $70.
    Also there are a lot of free templates
    OpenCart - https://www.opencart.com/index.php?r...cense=0&page=1
    WordPress - https://wordpress.org/themes/

I do agree, but we could find web design tools that come with simple drag & drop features, to create websites and its designs with easy. If we talk about ecommerce platforms, they too provide page builder tools. Although hiring a designer becomes essential when you are to deal with creative artwork.

If you are looking for the cheapest option, I'd recommend paying attention to Webnode. Its monthly cost is only $3.90 and it offers good features like Google Analytics, an unlimited number of pages, SEO options, and support. Though of course, there are other good options. You can find the comparison of the cheapest web design tools here https://www.webbuildersguide.com/bes...lder/cheapest/ I personally found it useful. Maybe it will come in handy for someone else.
    Last edited by Alex7788; 02-08-2023 at 09:16 PM.

I would like to prefer web design company instead of freelancer. Company have well reputed experts who manage the work properly according to your requirements & given time frame. As well they offer free hosting, domain & maintenance for a year.

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're looking for an affordable web design solution for your small business. Having a professional and user-friendly website can make a big difference in attracting and retaining customers, so it's important to find a solution that fits your budget and needs.

When it comes to web design, there are many options available, ranging from DIY website builders to professional web design services. DIY website builders can be a cost-effective option, but they may not offer the level of customization and functionality that you need for your business.

If you're looking for a more custom and professional solution, you may want to consider hiring a web design company to create a custom web application for your business. Custom web application development cost can vary depending on the complexity of the project, but it can be a worthwhile investment if you need a more customized and feature-rich solution.

Overall, whether you choose a DIY website builder or a custom web application, it's important to find a solution that fits your budget and meets your business needs. With the right solution, you can create a professional and effective online presence for your small business, which can help you attract and retain customers and grow your business over time.

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

Thread Information