Thread: Peachtree to QuickBooks

Hybrid View

Unhappy Peachtree to QuickBooks

I'm looking for another source for converting my accounting data from Peachtree to QuickBooks. I currently have Peachtree Premium Accounting for Manufacturing 2005 and would like to convert all my transactions including 7,600 Inventory Items (Parts) and 3,570 Assemblies and all my Project data (Job transactions). I need to convert my Peachtree sub-accounts to QuickBooks "classes" and have my transactions (about 34,000) re-worked to use the new Chart of Accounts, Classes and post all Income and Expenses to the correct Jobs.

I've tried the new QuickBooks "Data Conversion Utility" that just came out and what a complete joke and waste of time that thing is. The QuickBooks Pro advisor told me "this new data conversion utility will convert all your data from Peachtree to QuickBooks". Not even close.

First all the tool does is export the basic list data names, adresss, phone numbers etc. and the 16 "unpaid" Invoices that I had out into some unusual file format. Then I'm expected to know how to "import" the data into QuickBooks. I've tried for over a week and keep getting import errors from the "junk" that this utility puts out. This tool does not convert ANY of your unpaid Invoices, Vendor Bills (Invoices), Journal Entries, Recieve Payments, Checks, Cash Disbursements, Deposits, Credti Memo's, Inventory Adjustment transactions, Job data, Classes, Sub-Accounts etc. Basic 99% of the data in Peachtree is left behind even if I could get this tool to work.

I need to find a company that can actually "convert" Peachtree data to QuickBooks Premier or Enterprise 2005. If you know of a company that possitively converts all of the above items PLEASE post the company contact information here.

Frustrated,
    Mary Parkwood, Company Comptroller
    Detroit, Michigan

Peachtree to QuickBooks

Mary, I think I may be able to help you. I've been using a company for doing Peachtree to QuickBooks data conversions, as well as Great Plains to QuickBooks data conversions, for some time now and they really are the best option out there for this type of work.

The company name is "Silicon Digital Systems" and their web site is http://www.SiliconDigitalSystems.com/DataConversion - and if you want you can contact the company at their main office (west coast) (425) 898-8417.

They have performed well on some very complex data conversions for our clients with extremely positive results from both my perspective and our clients. I received their name from another QuickBooks Pro Advisor from Canada who had tried so many other "data conversion sources" with disappointing results. (If you do a google search you'll see some of these "rocket scientists" who claim to do these conversions). Everything you mentioned has been done on at least two large projects of ours that I know of so you'll be well covered.

Save yourself some grief call these guys, they're the best.

MZ - Cheers!!

You've really hit the nail on the head!! We've seen the tool your talking about and it doesn't cost much but your very right it can be very difficult to work with and can cause import errors that you just cannot figure out in QuickBooks.

There is also another tool that just came out from Intuit directly that was so disappointing. We'd heard of the tool from Intuit sales staff and when we tried it we just hit our heads wondering how a tool from Intuit could be so full of bugs. It didn't bring over any Job data, Invoices where all completely blank except the header data and an amount. No description, Item, Quantity etc., it didn't bring over any of our Peachtree Items but it did find 14 "credit memo's" from 2002 totaling about $246,000 that wasn't any where close to being accurate. This list of errors in this tool from my perspective is outragious.

Thnx, RC

I’m posting this message to avoid the intentional or unintentional posting of false information about our new Peachtree to QuickBooks data conversion tool. My name is, Dan Beck, and I’m the QuickBooks Product Manager responsible for driving the development of the tool.

Now, here are the facts about our conversion tool:
    - We built the tool to give Peachtree customers easy access to QuickBooks. QuickBooks is investing heavily in making our solution better, and we have multiple customer/prospect studies that indicate a large need for Peachtree to QuickBooks conversion abilities.
    - The tool converts core list information (Accounts, Items, Customers, Vendors, and Employees) as well as a host of support tables (e.g. Price Levels, Sales Tax Code, Class, Sales Rep, Customer Type, Vendor Type, Job Type, Terms, Customer Message, and Payment Method).
    - We convert summary information on open transactions (Invoices, Credit Memos, Bills, and Bill Credits) and we’re working diligently to both convert more data per transactions, more transaction types, and historical data.
    - There is no export and then import process. We have a simple wizard that walks the user through some conversion choices and that’s it.
    - We tested 200+ real Peachtree data files prior to launching the tool, and I am unaware of any issue importing Peachtree Items.
    - I personally watched 10+ users in our lab test the tool with great ease. I have also conducted interviews with six different customers since we released it, and they all have very positive comments. Finally, in the development of the tool we hired two accounting experts with deep expertise in both QuickBooks and Peachtree to ensure that we were getting our accounting absolutely correct.
    - The tool is FREE (vs. $200-$1,500+ fees from other services), and available since 10/6 at the following:
    www.quickbooksdirect.com/convert or
    www.accountant.intuit.com/convert

I’m available to answer your questions directly and also to talk about the future direction of the tool daniel_beck@intuit.com or (650) 944-5686.

We also have a dedicated team to answer deeper technical questions and to help in any way with conversions. This team can be reached at (800) 816-9304. Our team’s commitment to ensuring this tool offers a great experience is the reason I’m posting this message.

Thx,
    Dan

Thumbs down Peachtree to QuickBooks Data Conversion

Dan your reply to Mary's posting is I think a bit misplaced. She was not referring to your tool. This is an Excel utility developed by one of your IDN developers that many of us have tried.

I find your comments rather chilling in fact. Forget for a moment the issue of Intuit directly competing with your own IDN developers Peachtree conversion tools. Why would Intuit publicly announce that they are trying to put their most touted asset the "Intuit Developer Network (IDN) members and Pro Advisors" out of business? Has Intuit forgotten how they became such a popular accounting system? It has been in no small part because of your 3rd Party developer add-ons and solution providers.

You slam your IDN developers for investing in the development of Peachtree to QuickBooks data conversion tools when "Intuit did not have a tool"! They filled a much needed void in the QuickBooks marketplace. Now you come out with a tool just 3 weeks ago for converting just a small portion of the Peachtree data and you tout that it's "FREE" and ask “why pay 500 to 1,500” to one of your own IDN developers.

Is Intuit next going to come out with other "Free" software to put other IDN developers out of business? Why would any Pro Advisor or developer then want to spend valuable time and money developing solutions for QuickBooks if Intuit is just going to offer a similar product for free and slam the Pro Advisor or developer for charging for their products and services?

By the way I did try your Peachtree conversion tool and I must agree with the other posting. It does have problems. I converted two Peachtree files one in fact converted just fine. However the second larger file did not convert correctly. I could list the issues we found with your tool but I'm not here to talk about that. Our company is about to invest almost $2,000 to become an Intuit IDN member and Pro Advisor and your comments indicate to our staff that we would be wasting our time and money.

Peune

Sorry I see that we have gotten off on the wrong foot. I wanted to help clarify what the data conversion tool our team built does to allow users to make a decision about what options are available and would work best for them.

Ultimately what we at Intuit care about is the user experience and that's what led to our decision to build a conversion tool. Our research indicated that Peachtree users were interested in converting to QuickBooks in an automated way, and so we built an offering to provide basic conversions. We completely support and appreciate the efforts of 3rd parties who can really be helpful to our customers. And, thanks for your feedback on the tool. It's helpful to hear how it's working for customers.

Options are good

I am about to undergo the conversion process. Forums are the best way to get well rounded advice. If you are going to slam anyone for wanting to further clarify the matter then forums are dead.

I appreciate the input and feel better that there is an email and a name that I can refer to when (if) I run into problems.

Thanks to Dan and all others that are not slamming him for helping me know their experience with converting to Quickbooks.

FYI silicondigitalsystems.com quoted $3200 for migration of our 5 years of Peachtree Data plus disclaimer for additional fees if they run into difficulties with our data. I believe that if I can get a quick turnaround & a cap on costs, that this fee is worth the migration of my complete data for historical analysis and reporting. That alone is worth the $3200.

Henry
    henryparra@email.com Write SAFE in the subject of your email.

Peachtree to QuickBooks

Hello,

I am in the process of finalizing a Small Business Software Solution for my client and both, Quickbooks Enterprise Solution 6.0 and Peachtree Premium Accounting for Manufacturing 2006 are on my short list. Both these versions are relatively new and I do not have a Real feedback from customers who use them on a daily basis.

After reading this thread, I am curious to know why one would change the accounting system and if it has something to do with the quality of the product? Is it because Peachtree has problems or is it that QuickBooks Enterprise really good? Or something totally different?

Your positive or negative feedback about these softwares is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

InfoTechSpl.

I am trying to convert from Peachtree Classic 13 DOS for Windows to Quickbooks Pro 2006. I have downloaded the conversion tool but can not convert. I keep getting invalid Peachtree data folder. Does anybody know if the conversion tool does or does not support Peachtree Classic? It seems like it may only support other versions of Peachtree.

Thanks

Peachtree Classic 13 to QuickBooks Data Conversion

Chg, the only company I know that does Peachtree Classic 13 to QuickBooks data conversions is the one listed in this forum - Silicon Digital Systems. They can help you with your conversion needs.

They convert much more data for the regular Peachtree data files (Accounting, Premium) 2003-2006 than does the Intuit data conversion tool. We were using the Intuit tool but found the the conversion from SDSI is much more detailed and converted many other items that the Intuit tool does not convert. Even if you want just the basic list data converted I would go with SDSI. We're also a Peachtree Consultant and have used this company for about 17 conversions for our clients who were very happy with the results. The average cost we found for a full data conversion with ALL the transaction data (Invoices, Receive Payments, Vendor Invoices, Cash Disbursements/Checks, Journal Entries and Credit Memos) was $1,425 for two full years of data. Our customers don't want to leave all their valuable history data behind when moving to QuickBooks. I agree with the other postings on this forum call SDSI and save yourself alot of headaches for both you and your customers.

This is a question that goes out to Dan. I'm an IT contractor for some of the local companies in my town and when one of my clients decided to make a switch from Peachtree to Quick books, I of course downloaded the conversion tool that you have mentioned, but it had 2 key issues with the conversion. The first of which was that it refused to convert in anything but month increments for the peachtree file. In addition to that, the files that were converted were each added to quickbooks in such a way that the data from each month was it's own Company Database. Does Intuit have any explanation for why something like that would occur and any possible workarounds or fixes to make the tool work as it should?

Do not use peachtree!

We all need to remember that Peachtree is a total piece of cr** and that is why we are switching to Quickbooks. I'm not a conversion tool expert but I can say from experience with both Peachtree and Quickbooks that Peachtree is such junk that I am sure it would not be the simplest thing in the world to convert the old-school Peachtree to the 21st century. We cant blame Quickbooks for this horrible software, I am amazed they can figure it out this far. Peachtree - You ****! You cant even switch from accrual to cash method in reports on the fly, that is insane to me! There aren't even such things as sub-accounts in Peachtree or classes. If you want to correct a misspelling of a Vendor name or Customer it creates an entire new one, and you cant even merge them together. Maybe I am just bitter because I was so unlucky to start with using Quickbooks and then got a job using Peachtree... That is a very hard switch! It amazes me that Peachtree is still in business.

THANK YOU QUICKBOOKS FOR FINALLY GETTING IT RIGHT! I LOVE YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryParkwood View Post
    I'm looking for another source for converting my accounting data from Peachtree to QuickBooks. I currently have Peachtree Premium Accounting for Manufacturing 2005 and would like to convert all my transactions including 7,600 Inventory Items (Parts) and 3,570 Assemblies and all my Project data (Job transactions). I need to convert my Peachtree sub-accounts to QuickBooks "classes" and have my transactions (about 34,000) re-worked to use the new Chart of Accounts, Classes and post all Income and Expenses to the correct Jobs.

I've tried the new QuickBooks "Data Conversion Utility" that just came out and what a complete joke and waste of time that thing is. The QuickBooks Pro advisor told me "this new data conversion utility will convert all your data from Peachtree to QuickBooks". Not even close.

First all the tool does is export the basic list data names, adresss, phone numbers etc. and the 16 "unpaid" Invoices that I had out into some unusual file format. Then I'm expected to know how to "import" the data into QuickBooks. I've tried for over a week and keep getting import errors from the "junk" that this utility puts out. This tool does not convert ANY of your unpaid Invoices, Vendor Bills (Invoices), Journal Entries, Recieve Payments, Checks, Cash Disbursements, Deposits, Credti Memo's, Inventory Adjustment transactions, Job data, Classes, Sub-Accounts etc. Basic 99% of the data in Peachtree is left behind even if I could get this tool to work.

I need to find a company that can actually "convert" Peachtree data to QuickBooks Premier or Enterprise 2005. If you know of a company that possitively converts all of the above items PLEASE post the company contact information here.

Frustrated,
    Mary Parkwood, Company Comptroller
    Detroit, Michigan

There are many online tools that can convert Peachtree data to QuickBooks. I would recommend to go with QuickBooks Repair Pro. Their conversion process is simple and easy.

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by csmonika; 07-25-2019 at 06:31 AM.

Thread Information