Social Commerce

Ask your website creator about social commerce and you will find a new strategy to apply for your e-commerce store. But let's talk about the social media first. Because it's related the topic we are going to discuss.

The Giant Tentacles of Social Media

Who doesn't know Mark Zuckerberg? One influential person behind the gigantic Facebook, Instagram and also Whatsapp. Facebook was founded in February 2004 by Mark and his 4 fellows. It was made to serve the people a platform that connects every single thing in their life. When they are married, get hospitalized, find a birthday present, attend a graduation party or anything, they will share it with their friends and significant others through Facebook.

Although there are other social media after Facebook or before the Facebook itself, they do not provide the people to run some business inside and share what people thought about a product the people have bought. But Facebook sees the opportunity and make Facebook Business. A social media that is specific to business inquiries.

Facebook also bought Instagram and Whatsapp. And you know what? They also made Instagram specific for business purposes. Since that time, the reign of endorsement of an artist becomer more popular than ever. Now you can get in touch with social media influencer on Instagram to make them promote your product. This is also a great approach to make the customer know that their idol uses your product as well.

Now, WhatsApp also tries to make a chatting platform that named Whatsapp Business. Yes, Mark and his fellows want to conquer the market share from business people to stay at the top of the competition. The app just released in this February. I'm not doing some research into it yet, but from the app description, could say that it was built for the business owner to chat with its customers. I don't know what's the difference between the ordinary WhatsApp and the business one. Perhaps they will add some feature like Facebook Messenger (yes, they made one for business purposes as well). Let me know if you already try it.

Twitter or other social media platforms, otherwise, they don't really fit for e-commerce stuff and no need to consider it. Mostly, people will use Facebook and Instagram for business inquiries for now. I don't know if there are more social media to join the competition in business market share. Perhaps there will be more.

Integration

But what if you already have a website for your e-commerce business? Is it necessary to set up a social media account as well? Is it efficient? The answer is yes. Social media is far more effective than you make a huge marketing strategy that costs a lot of your budget. The reason is that now people want to hear other opinions about the product before they decide to buy it. Moreover, you will know what kind product they talk about and this data could lead you to make a way more effective ad campaign for specific and relevant audiences. Right on target and cost you less than hire some research guy to ask people.

Take Advantage from The Giant Tentacles

In a mission to win the competition, you have to wield the strongest weapon at your disposal. And it's called social media. The giant tentacles like Facebook and Instagram will be very useful to take you to the highest level.

The problem is you have to master it first. Just like Kung Fu or other martial arts, you need to learn the basic of social media for business. After that, when the time is right, you will learn more about the special skill that you need to become an expert, a master.

You can learn from the Facebook courses that they provided. Whether you make your own website or hire some website creator to make it for you, you still have to learn it though.

Magento Social

One of the most important things is to have people, the perfect website creator alongside with you. And what I mean perfect is they do have plenty of proven skills. Also, they need to use Magento because it's a e-commerce software that integrated with Facebook. Magento has built an integration system for social media that named Magento Social. This is a terrific strategy to use.

Key Features

Here are some key features that included in Official Magento Social Info Sheet. You can also see it in Magento Official Website. I only take this notes as your guidance if perhaps you still have lack of confidence and not convinced enough to use this kind of strategy. But it's okay. Take your moment.

Streamlined Social Store Creation

• Automatically create storefronts on leading social networks.
  • Engage with existing fans and attract new buyers.

Magento Digital Commerce Product Catalog Extraction

• Seamlessly sync your Magento Digital Commerce product catalog.
  • Automatically keep products, descriptions, and prices up to date.

Simplified Ad Creation

• Create and run targeted social ad campaigns with ease.
  • Automatically populate ad copy with product images and descriptions.

Intelligent Ad Optimization

• Machine learning technology monitors the performance of your ads and budget
  • Automatically allocate ad spend toward best-performing products and categories

Simplified Third-Party Content Integration

• Combine the power of Magento Social with Magento Business Intelligence to gain holistic of your advertising ROL and uncover what is driving growth.

What if I don't use Magento?

Fear not, my friend! Just relax! My friend is website creator. You can hire some website creator or developer to migrate the data from your old website to your new Magento e-commerce website. You can ask them to install the Magento Social extension as well to your new e-commerce website. Therefore, you will get your new weapon in no time.

Ah yes, and the extension is free, you can download it for yourself or ask your website creator to download Magento Social for your e-commerce website.

Marketing Strategy

Using social media as your ingredient to compose your strategy will take a lot of time. it's not only about integrating your e-commerce website and your social media. You and the website creator you hired also need to think about how the customers interact with each other as well. Sometimes you need to blend in and join their conversation.

Finally, you can increase your revenue by connecting your e-commerce store to Facebook. Who knows in the future you will connect it to your Instagram, Messenger or even Whatsapp business? Well, that's escalated quickly!