New here. I am currently doing market research into a product i can manufacture and sell through ecommerce.

We are trying to create our online presence through developing our own website, and through ecommerce sites such as Amazon etc, as well as affiliates.

I am trying to find out very approximate figures for the size of the market, and the size of my own potential sales, in order to justify going online.

I currently use 'junglescout' to get approximate figures of different sellers in our industry (car care products). However, i would like peoples advice on, APPROXIMATELY, how much of a serious sellers sales would go through Amazon, and how much would go through other channels.

e.g. if i see someone is selling 10 units per month, can i assume through their multi-channelled approach, they should be selling 100 units overall? or 20? or 15?

I understand that this would vary with everybodies particular sales strategy, but is their an industry standard thats say "well as a serious ecommerce seller, usually only 30% of sales typically go through amazon"

I know i can just start selling and see what happens, but we need to make some capital asset investments (to do with new moulds for bottles) to start selling. I would like to know if this market is worth developing basically.

Any views, opinions or past experience would be greatly appreciated!