Thread: Reseller services?

Reseller services?

How can I provide reseller services? And how to choose a registrar so that it is convenient to work, adequate prices and API access?

Has anyone had this experience?

Instead of people posting directly to eBay for example, you want them to bring items to you and you'll attempt to see it?

Is that a sample of what you're wanting to do? Is there a market for it in your area? Do you have friends and family that would gladly let you help them?

Choose a registrar that registers many TLDs, including cheap ones. I worked at one time with Pananames, there is a clear interface, detailed statistics and API. Whether it is profitable now or not - I do not know. Because I last provided reseller services 2 years ago. I am not engaged in reselling now, because I am already in another field.

I don't know, I just want to try.

If you have the time and desire, then of course you can try.

Quote Originally Posted by Resovi View Post
    Choose a registrar that registers many TLDs, including cheap ones. I worked at one time with Pananames, there is a clear interface, detailed statistics and API. Whether it is profitable now or not - I do not know. Because I last provided reseller services 2 years ago. I am not engaged in reselling now, because I am already in another field.

In my experience, the more general a hosting provider the worse its service and products are. I agree to get one that provides many TLD ONLY if you intend to sell globally, however as with all businesses starting local is a safer bet and local companies (national) will provide you the best price vs service ratio.

The cost of a bad product and especially bad service to your business is going to alot more that the few dollars you save for a registration. (godaddy cough cough )

Too small however and you may be reselling for a reseller

Thread Information