Page 3 of 4 1234 Last>>

Thread: Starting an ecommerce store, which platform to choose?

Woocomerce with Wordpress is the best and cost effective solution.

I use woocomerce

Hi! A couple of years ago I was in your place of choosing what platform I should use to start my own online business, so I understand you perfectly. I chose Magento, and has never regretted my decision ever since.
    What I love about Magento is the width of its capabilities - I can create 6 types of products and add them into different categories, I can manage my inventory easily and configure this process the way I need. Apart from this, I appreciate that Magento is an open source solution, which means that I can potentially customize it with coding the way I need. And what really won my heart was that you download the Magento Open Source version for free and try it out, and in case you find it is not your type of a solution, you can give it up without monetary loss.
    All in all, you can find the advantages of Magento ecommerce platform in this article https://belvg.com/blog/what-are-the-...ine-store.html.

When it comes to these features, both platforms make a punch pack. Choosing the overall winner is not easy, and weighing the characteristics of each platform can make you scratched your head in the event of confusion, while leaving your customers without a way of shopping from your site.

In spite of I recommend to choose the Magento, As it have many features compare to woocommerce.

Hello!
    I advise thinking of two platforms - Shopify and Magento. They are built exactly for e-commerce needs and with e-commerce in mind. Firstly, let's talk about Magento.
    I won't recommend using Magento 1 since its support will be discontinued in June 2020 (we are referring to both the Open Source 1 and Commerce 1 editions). After this date, there won’t be any new updates to Magento 1. That's why you need to choose/ migrate to Magento 2.
    Why? What are its benefits and what profit can M2 bring you? Let's look below:
    - Better performance
    Magento 2 is characterized by its high page load speed. The second version of the platform offers 50% faster performance than the previous. Even the platform itself loads several seconds faster. Magento 2 uses a JavaScript and CSS minifier that, by using different archiving and compression technologies, reduces the size of CSS and JS files. Magento 2 provides native support of Varnish technology that enables a full-page cache, which is a powerful performance optimization solution. Magento 1 had the full-page cache feature only via installation of a special module. Another innovation in Magento 2 lies in the capability of the CMS to minify the size of HTML templates. It precludes you from implementing different custom decisions that can reduce your website performance.
    - Responsive design
    Enhancements in the Magento 2 front-end are worthy of notice! In addition to a spectacularly responsive design for the desktop version, you can also enjoy faster front-end load speed. The page content loads in less than 1s! In Magento 1, it can take 3 or even 4 seconds before users see something. Magento 2 is mobile friendly! With user-friendly mobile themes, a responsive layout, and a mobile-friendly checkout, your e-commerce website has a better opportunity to successfully lead users to make a purchase. Plus, the support of the last CSS and HTML versions allows easy management of the front-end code, loading of pages quickly in different browsers, an additional amount of graphics and multimedia, such as music and videos, to be included on the website, and much more.
    - More search engine friendly
    Built with the latest Google Search patches and requirements, with SEO trends in mind, the platform gives your online store more visibility on the Internet. Magento 2 provides improvements that mean appearing higher in search engine results. With enhanced ability to create custom meta tags for your products, the well-designed Magento 2 Rich Snippets extension will help your site will rank higher in Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. The extension allows your product pages to appear in search engine page results and enhance click-through rates by using your website’s structured markup data – such as rating, price, availability.
    - Faster installation of new extensions
    Integrating modules with Magento 2 requires less time and cost. All free extensions are kept in a repository – a developer just needs to insert some words in the command line, and – voila – the extension is installed. Paid tools can be installed the same or via download after they’re purchased. Magento 2 rises to the occasion by simply providing one folder with several subfolders, where you can find every element of extension you need. Of course, after code compilation, the information is inserted into the required folders. Such an approach allows for saving time through rapid system reaction.

All benefits mentioned above are just a small piece of cake about Magento 2 quality and profit. Here you may check more about Magento 2 benefits, an upgrade process, cost of Magento website development, and how to reduce your costs of development,

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

I will talk about Shopify in the next post.

Nice business you are starting and nowadays, in the market, there is a big sales of the electronics items so in my view, the Woocommerce can be the best choice for you because Woocommerce are two of the most popular eCommerce platforms along with other major platforms and it is built on top of WordPress which is more beneficial for you.

I choose WooCommerce, because WooCommerce provides a complete eCommerce solution that is fast, easy to use, and can adapt to the needs of my eCommerce business (next-cart.com)

Beside WooCommerce, the market has no shortage of powerful eCommerce platforms you may have the interest. Check out Shopify, Magento, Prestashop, BigCommerce. If you are migrating to one of those target carts, please let us know. We can help.
    Last edited by ketan_mishra; 06-21-2019 at 12:43 AM.

useful information

Thumbs up Magento is better than WooCommerce

Hey, as you said that you have experience in SEO. You should go with Magento.
    Yes, it is complicated to set up but a bit of hard work doesn't count if you want a great business.

magento and woocommerce i have heard about them, they are good.

Just depend on your requirements. All of the platform is good and has its own specialty. But today's demand for online stores. Magento is best for you. Magento released its latest version in mid-2019: Magento 2.3.2 which offers versatile features to the eCommerce websites.

✔ Magento offers advanced SEO which helps in creating search engine friendly URL’s.
    ✔ The features and functions offered by the Magento eCommerce platform are very simple and easy to access.
    ✔ Magento offers integration services with third-party marketplaces, applications, and networks.
    ✔ It is easy to migrate a Magento store to an upgraded version with the help of Magento developer.
    ✔ Magento marketplace offers hundreds of extensions and modules which adds rich functionalities and help you to stay ahead of competitors.

Broadly speaking, a Magento website can be built with two options:

✔ Magento Open Source: Free and flexible. (Free 30-day trial)
    ✔ Magento Community Edition: Paid but a full enterprise-level eCommerce development solution.

I would offer you to use Magento platform, for me it's the best for ecommerce website development. You can get good SEO with it

when its ecommerce ,go with shopify

Quote Originally Posted by riders View Post
    I am starting an online store for selling electronic items, like mobile and computer accessories. My store will contain around 200 products. Should I go with magento or Woocommerce? I have selected these two platforms because of community and customization options. However, Magento is not that easy to setup. WooCommerce is easy to setup but I have heard it has performance issues.
    The Shopify app store is loaded with numerous plugins and applications which can be highly helpful in managing the business flow.
    Vajro has Lot of integrations which can help in the business process and push notifications is an important factor which helps in stimulating user engagement
    Check out the website and Vajro - Mobile Apps for E-commerce - Shopify, WooCommerce, etc. and turn your mobile app into shopify store.

Hey Everyone,

To start online E-commerce business we have to make a plan so that the Business runs smoothly otherwise, it will lose. So to start an E-commerce store you have to use paid platforms also to generate sales leads also.
    Here Are The Best Ecommerce Platforms
    BigCommerce.
    Shopify.
    3dcart.
    WooCommerce.
    Volusion.
    Prestashop.
    Weebly.
    Squarespace.

I have built multiple ecommerce with both platforms.

Shopify: Best if you do not know how to program and want something done fast. It is more expensive and expect about >50$ per month + % fees when you sell something. Also each time you want to add a functionality you will need to pay for modules. SEO is pretty good (if you know how to use it). Shopify is the "ford" of ecommerce. Learn more about shopify ecommerce here https://avada.io/

WooCommerce: It's basically a plugin for Wordpress. It won't cost you anything if you already have a website with wordpress. Integration with any payment (strip, paypal, etc) is easy and Woocommerce doesn't take any fees. SEO is also pretty good (if you know how to use it). Wordpress is the "Volkswagen" of ecommerce

Prestashop or Opencart: Build a few of those but you need the technical skills and a server should be setup properly. Way better in term of backend functionality (already build in). This is probably the "Lexus" of ecommerce

Magento: This is packed of functionalities but require skills to setup properly and will need constant maintenance, Magento also provides us with a lot of useful extensions for our store too. For example, https://www.mageplaza.com/magento-2-quick-view/ (increase user experience). If you need a big store with thousands of items then this is what you need. This is definitely the "Ferrari" of all ecommerce.
    Last edited by Jason Dao; 11-12-2019 at 12:53 AM.

Thread Information