Thread: Change normal site to E-commerce site

Change normal site to E-commerce site

We have been thinking of developing E commerce website for our fashion store. Our physical store is located in Toronto. We found an option to integrate the physical store and online store. We got the complete plan details from this link https://multiflexrms.com/retail-mana...ce-integration . We already have a website. It is a normal website. Is there any difficulties when converting a normal site into shopping website?

Quote Originally Posted by michaeljones View Post
    Is there any difficulties when converting a normal site into shopping website?
    Any website or tool that supports basic eCommerce functionalities such as inventory management, CMS support, maintains user data, supports multiple payment gateways, user review, ratings etc will be the best option for your website. I've not heard about the website you're mentioning. If you find it best, you can go through that.

Besides this, you can go for web development platform specially designed and developed for eCommerce websites such as Magento, PrestaShop etc. It is going to popular day by day because of its ready made and easy to use extensions.

Hi Dan,

I would definitely be interested in helping you make this website for yours a reality.

I have developed many apps and websites, and am sure I can help you out

Drop me an email at <a href="mailto:bytezularsolutions@gmail.com">bytezul arsolutions@gmail.com</a> as I would definitely like to continue this discussion…

If you want I can show you some demos of the previous sites I have built which will give you a really good idea as to how you could develop your eCommerce site.

Regards
    Paul Thomson
    <a href="http://bytezularsolutions.com">bytezularsolutions.com</a>

Not too knowledgeable about the new tools for making sites. Old school here that still use HTML and not much into PSP, CSS and the like. But if you have knowledge of those then I would think it is fairly easy to convert the site to an eCommerce site. If you have something like Magento, which is specifically for eCommerce, then that would be a good addition for your site.

Yeah ecommerce is the best best medium to have your online presence ...

If you have an existing website and want to convert it into an e-commerce site, make sure you do 301 redirects to the new pages so you don't lose any search engine rankings that you might have. You need to make sure that your transition goes smoothly.

Do you want to upgrade your normal website to e-commerce website then you have taken excellent decision in first step of online selling. E-commerce is huge and if your product has unique selling it ready to go sell online. All you need a right technology partner to achieve this which will make your business experiences steady growth. I have a recommendation to try An app based website builder is Boomer Marketing App allows to create complete ecommerce website and allows free upgrade to e-commerce which i saw in recent campaign. All the best and Happy Online Selling. http://boomer.co

Going from "normal" to e-commerce is more than just a simple "conversion". If your site is just informational, the whole thing is going to have to be re-developed. You can keep your theme sometimes, especially if the site is CMS-based.

For e-commerce solutions, I tend to advise against platforms like Shopify and BigCommerce simply because you can't host the shopping site yourself, and you are literally placing your business well-being in someone else's hands. At least with a self-hosted solution (WordPress w/WooCommerce, OpenCart, Magento, etc) you can keep your own backups (as you should, regardless if the host does). Thus the data is all yours, and not at the mercy of a platform that could go out of business.

Hello! There are many different ways to perform this operation. I like to use the proven website builder from http://www.*********.com in such cases. With it, I can quickly modify or change the values of my site. Also, I can suggest using ready-made templates for your new e-store. It takes a little more time, but the result is worth it. Good luck!

I guess, Wordpress is your choice. I can recommend you to use the help of some premium wordpress themes from https://*************************/cate...dPress-themes/ which you can easily get online. You will surely be able to create a perfect website for your startup this way.

It is not a difficult task to conversion the website from normal to online store it takes just few hours and everything will be all okay, while converting to online store must add online delivery shipment company like oship.cc etc. It will be very beneficial for you.

Thread Information