Thread: E-Commerce Engines that allow customers to upload files

Hybrid View

E-Commerce Engines that allow customers to upload files

Sorry if you read this on the Digital Point Forum, this is what I was looking for:

So I've been put in charge of trying to find the right way to go about getting this print company's business online, and they were thinking it would cost like 100 grand or so then I was turned onto various do it yourself e-commerce engines like Shopify, Big Commerce, Magento, etc. and I was wondering if anything like that allows for uploading of files when customers are checking out? Would be a huge plus if you could see artwork displayed on product as well.

HI,

Not sure about those platforms mentioned but WooCommerce does via an addon and it's all pretty simple. In fact i personally have created a fairly complex checkout process with uploads available checkout for a print company using woocommerce with a gravity forms add on - Piece of cake and less than 100 dollars.

Feel free to get in touch for details
    Hippi

Thank you for the information

It this engine really available for the every people how would get it.???

Magento does allow users to upload their own files as well.

Hello! Thanks for the information, it is very useful for me! Honestly, I did quite differently. I decided to make a website from scratch, because the previous one was obsolete. I used the ready-made templates for websites from here: http://www.*********.com/designs I immediately chose the desired template for me, I have a few products. After, I learned about the many tools that I can use to change a normal site to e-commerce, but I'm glad that didn't it. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingstraigh View Post
    Sorry if you read this on the Digital Point Forum, this is what I was looking for:

So I've been put in charge of trying to find the right way to go about getting this print company's business online, and they were thinking it would cost like 100 grand or so then I was turned onto various do it yourself e-commerce engines like Shopify, Big Commerce, Magento, etc. and I was wondering if anything like that allows for uploading of files when customers are checking out? Would be a huge plus if you could see artwork displayed on product as well.
    Why you want an upload feature there in the check out page in the first place? What kind of files you want your customers to upload before a successful checkout. If there is a requirement of some particular files that needs to be uploaded before an order then you can do it anywhere on the order process page, why only checkout page?

Just about all shopping cart systems allow the user/customer to upload a file, either on the product page or during the checkout process. If they don't I am sure they offer a plugin or extension that would allow this.

Be careful on which file types you allow them to upload, since someone can try to upload malicious files.

Magento does allow users to upload their own files as well.

You could always try something like pinnacle cart, a cheaper alternative to magento but more stable than other alternatives and of course well in budget.

Thread Information