Thread: What do you think about China drop shipping business?

What do you think about China drop shipping business?

I work for a company and we are developing a tool to facilitate China drop shipping business mainly by helping overseas sellers import the goods from China popular ecommerce platforms quickly and easily to their stores, which will save time and focus more on sales.

But after we viewed the posts on many ecommerce forums, we found that some online drop shippers are not optimistic with goods from China considering the shipping frame, order processing, product return policy and quality etc., But also many others do like and depend on goods from China ecommerce platforms especially AliExpress. They feel it’s good and quite profitable (the 2016 1111 global shopping festival is coming).

So we are wondering shall we still focus on China ecommerce supplier platforms or turn to other international supplier platforms? It will be appreciated if you can tell us what you like; what you hate; what doesn’t work if you are doing a China drop shipping business.

Meanwhile, we sincerely invite interested audiences to take a taste of our upcoming tool. If you would like to have a free & safe tool to import products from China ecommerce platforms like AliExpress, Taobao, JD and Dhgate, you can send me a message. We are eagerly to hear how we can make this product better for you as an online-seller.

Thanks to any who offer input

I think you have share very useful source of information to with us ..

You have to choose the best drop shipping platform and stick with it, by the way dhgate seems a fake platform to me, i tried many times their products but everytime there is some issue, sometimes its price, sometimes shipping so it's not a worth for me.

Yeah, it seems that many China eCommerce platforms have the "fake" problems. it could be vital to find verified and trustful suppliers on those platforms if you still want to dropship from China. Currently maybe still AliExpress is preferred by most dropship online store owners.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebang View Post
    Yeah, it seems that many China eCommerce platforms have the "fake" problems. it could be vital to find verified and trustful suppliers on those platforms if you still want to dropship from China. Currently maybe still AliExpress is preferred by most dropship online store owners.
    I m assuming that you know that Aliexpress is of ******* company, ******* is more preferable but if you are getting something shipped for personal use and especially 1 - 5 piece then i would prefer Ali Express.

I've ordered with Ali Express before, multiple items, they are certainly legit. As far as dropshipping business goes, I think it's a great idea, only achilles heel it seems to have is the shipping time. I'd be worried first time buyers would want to cancel their order because they don't know to expect long shipping times vs 1-2 day shipping when ordering from their own country.

Quote Originally Posted by pekinwebguy View Post
    I've ordered with Ali Express before, multiple items, they are certainly legit. As far as dropshipping business goes, I think it's a great idea, only achilles heel it seems to have is the shipping time. I'd be worried first time buyers would want to cancel their order because they don't know to expect long shipping times vs 1-2 day shipping when ordering from their own country.
    Hi, thanks for sharing your experience and idea. As i am based in China who have purchased lots of good products from Taobao.com (the other C-2-C platform owned by ******* Group), i think that as long as you make a selection you can do find a wanted good-quality product with a relatively low price in those marketplaces. The shipping time is considered a hurting problem for first buyers but should be more acceptable for who had purchased before. And now the shipping services are getting better both in AliExpress and other shipping agents. BTW, I'd like to mention that our new App/plugin for dropshpping product import to Shopify is available for beta test now. If it's of your interest, please take a look or try it freely at this link: https://goo.gl/g6pHTC

Quote Originally Posted by zoebang View Post
    Hi, thanks for sharing your experience and idea. As i am based in China who have purchased lots of good products from Taobao.com (the other C-2-C platform owned by ******* Group), i think that as long as you make a selection you can do find a wanted good-quality product with a relatively low price in those marketplaces. The shipping time is considered a hurting problem for first buyers but should be more acceptable for who had purchased before. And now the shipping services are getting better both in AliExpress and other shipping agents. BTW, I'd like to mention that our new App/plugin for dropshpping product import to Shopify is available for beta test now. If it's of your interest, please take a look or try it freely at this link: https://goo.gl/g6pHTC
    Is there any English version of this taobao website?

The link is different as in China once we open it's www.taobao.com and overseas it's https://world.taobao.com/. But the language is still in Chinese.

Our app has been lunched and mainly helps in:
     Import products from AliExpress & Taobao to your online Shopify store (wordpress and prestashop avilable later)
     Find & recommend same Amazon/Aliexpress/Ebay goods at cheaper prices from China taobao.com

We understand the language could be a problem so we try to make it easy for you to recommend some already hot products sold on Amazon/Aliexpress/Ebay and you can import the cheaper one from Taobao with all the similar information. Later it will be also possible for yourself to product sourcing on Taobao by yourself.

rspider-products.jpg

Please feel free to experience it if you're interested: https://goo.gl/AVXnvp your feedback will be appreciated!

In shipping goods from China to other countries, costs and procedures are quite complicated, but if you have entrusted with an experienced import service then it is easy because currently there are importers who facilitate the search for reliable suppliers in the Chinese marketplace.

Thread Information