Thread: Digital catalog shared via QR code - creative tips?

Question Digital catalog shared via QR code - creative tips?

I run a custom furniture store. We use eco-friendly materials and have waste-reduction strategies in place. For example, we turn leftover wood into small items like keychains. Plus, we do on-demand production to minimize excess inventory. I'm looking to share our best creations through a digital catalog and share a QR code on our social media and blog. I could use some creative tips on how to make it stand out and engage our audience. Any suggestions?

That sounds like a great idea to me. One of the best things about a digital catalog is its flexibility. You can update it with new content at any time, keeping your audience engaged and informed about your latest products. Plus, going digital is not only eco-friendly but also budget-friendly, saving you printing and reprinting costs associated with traditional catalogs. With a QR code linking directly to your digital catalog, your customers can easily access it from their smartphones, making the shopping experience super convenient.

Speaking of QR codes - customize, make it stand out, but without affecting readability. You will need advanced customization features if you want a unique code that grabs attention. If you haven't found the best QR code generator for this purpose, one of these will most likely work. Back to design. For example, add your logo. Select a color from your palette if you have one or go for earthy tones since you run a green business. You can even add the image in the background, but the colors of the image should not clash with the colors of the QR code. This is a sort of trial-and-error process, so make sure you test your QR code. You can use a couple of different phones and other smart devices (with an in-built QR code scanner) and see if they scan properly and how long it takes for each.

Have you by any chance recorded videos of your furniture-making process or customer feedback? Incorporating these into your digital catalog would add a personal touch and give customers a behind-the-scenes look at your craftsmanship. Don't worry if you don't have videos at the moment, you can start working on this and update your catalog later. You might want to use a template to make sure your videos are consistent (glance here to see some options). You could also add audio effects like applause or cheering to make the content more engaging.

I think that including photos of your products in real-life settings (if your customers agree to send some) can help potential buyers envision how your furniture will look in their own homes. Offering incentives like discounts or free delivery for customers who contribute photos could also encourage participation and engagement.

Lastly, once you're almost done creating the catalog, you could announce it on social media and start building curiosity. For example, you can have a countdown or something like that. Emphasize your extended commitment to sustainability, you are creating a digital catalog here. This will speak to the eco-conscious audience.

Hope you'll find some of these ideas helpful. And, of course, I wish you the best of luck with your business. xx

I cannot thank you enough. You gave me specific suggestions and this is exactly what works best for me. I will work on a tempting offer to get the pictures you mentioned and I can think of a couple of customers who might be willing to shoot a short video. I am making a to-do list based on your comment as we speak. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

Thread Information