Page 3 of 3 123

Thread: promotion of e commerce website

Quote Originally Posted by robatkins View Post
    This may be a common question. But I am still unclear with that. How can we promote a e commerce website effectively. I think we must use some different promoting techniques for it. If somebody knows please share it.
    Hi Robatkins,
    Promoting your business is a tough task, so I am sharing my take on your question. Though my answer has been posted on this forum before, I'll be resharing it as you have the same problem with another eCommerce business owner.

To help you grow your eCommerce business, here are many viable ways for your business to be able to drive organic traffic to your website:
    1. Write and upload blogs
    Concentrate on writing blogs that are related to your products because most consumers nowadays would want to know the features of what ecommerce stores sell before they make the final buying decision. Blogs that have valuable content is also a good way to show your passion and expertise as a businesswoman; thus, more consumers would trust you. Eventually, when you build their trust, you will have loyal consumers who may recommend you to their friends and family.

2. Invest in video marketing
    With today’s digital world, videos have proven to create higher engagement which convert into sales. The shortening of attention span will make videos to continue to dominate the marketing world in the years to come.

Here are some of the types of videos you can integrate with your marketing plan:
    a. Live Video Streaming - the broadcasting of unedited live video footage over social media platforms.
    b. Behind-the-Scenes (BTS) - share your success stories, funny encounters or the unboxing of your products
    c. Interview - when you have satisfied consumers, you can set up an interview to those who are willing.
    d. Educational - share practical pieces of advice or how-tos
    e. Exciting Sales Promotion - consumers LOVE special offers and discounts. Through video marketing, you can announce your upcoming sales promotion with the details.

3. Share the blogs and videos on social media platforms
    If you’re still starting out, it is alright not to create accounts for all social media platforms. Choose 1 or 2 platforms where you think most of your target audience is active. Then start sharing all the blogs to your social sites. You’ll notice the increase in your following as long as you give what your consumers want.

Tip: This is not a secret, but many people wait for a few minutes or even days before they do it.

Make sure to always check when consumers message you or interact with you through your social sites as it is important to engage with them. When they comment on your post, respond. Try to be as responsive as possible every day.

Thanks @MerleneNMS for posting ideas in details.

As per askanydifference website, the promotion may not always include advertising costs. With social media, we can do so many different types of promotion like social media, organic traffic. Those who missed the FB ads wave are now seeing an increase in the costs for their ads campaign.
    For me personally, I always like to use a mix of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmehta2014 View Post
    Thanks @MerleneNMS for posting ideas in details.
    It's my pleasure to help.

Promoting your products through Social Media is the answer to your question. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube are widely used for marketing. Aside from the fact that those sites are free, your eCommerce business will be able to immediately reach your target audience globally.

There are various strategies that can be carried out to market your eCommerce business through social media. The proven strategies that we incorporate in our business are:
    a) posting informative visual-based content to Facebook groups
    b) giving helpful answers to queries on different social media sites
    c) posting on our social media accounts every day

In addition, you may also send customers a personalized message explaining the benefits of your products. It is more effective if customer testimonials will be included with your message. However, it is advisable to send marketing messages/emails at least two to three times a week.

If you have enough budget, try Facebook Ads. It is a great tool which can effectively reach your target audience to inform them about the products that you sell.

Best of luck!

You can promote your website on various social bookmarking platforms to get the traffic. Use social media like Facebook, Twitter, link din and share informative posts regarding your niche.

To promote your E-commerce site, online marketing plays a big role. To increase your site awareness, you can SEO of your site. Social media platform very is a big factor to grows your site ranking shortly.

The best way is to test out which channel bring the most traction to your business. As your business grow, different channel will have different result. For example, when you first starting out, Facebook Ads might the most important channel. But as you grow, you realize SEO is more suitable. So it depends. I highly recommend the book Traction by Justin Mares if you want to learn more.

Hi there! What do you guys think about some offline marketing methods like lapel pins from PinSource, for example? I guess they are really cool and maybe you will find them interesting to you too, good luck with it!
    Last edited by jcage; 06-25-2020 at 04:23 AM.

To maximize the reach of your eCommerce store and increase sales, you should consider adopting a cross-platform selling strategy. As well as your website, you could look to sell your products on Facebook, Instagram, eBay, Etsy, Amazon, and other online marketplaces.

Thread Information