Page 2 of 3 123 Last>>

Thread: I need order management software reviews

Netsuite fees

jazzcat -

With Netsuite you have to renew your contract every 1-2 years so you never truly own the software. So it's a huge re-curring expense. Support is another story, there's a separate fee for that. In 4 years I've paid a total of $7000 for netsuite including support. Now I need to upgrade for an additional $2000 which will only keep the software going for one more year. But someone signing on today would be looking at anywhere for 5 -10K for just one year from what I understand.

I would seek another option pronto then. You should have to pay a nominal fee for ongoing support, but not to renew a license.

Everest & MOM User

I am in the unique situation that we used MOM with Sitelink for a couple years and could not handle the downtime. Their servers were down too much for our taste. You had to import orders from Sitelink into MOM and we crossed our fingers each time and hoped it worked. So I started looking for a new software program, I finally decided to take a huge leap of faith with Everest. We have been using it for 3 years now. The softwares framework and features are wonderful, the concept is amazing. The biggest issue we have is with upgrades, they try to release upgrades about every 3-6 months. The upgrades are a bear, they are released with major bugs. We have to fight through them for a month or 2 before we are up to par, the upgrades usually are improvements but getting through the bugs is a major stressful time. The integration between the web and backend is wonderful. The minute an order is placed online it comes in live instantly which is great when a customer calls and wants to add to an order. This package is truely an all in one which is what I was looking for. We are mail order, web based and have 2 retail locations to connect with DSL lines using Citrix. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone has. I will be as honest as I can. As a small business owner I know how important software is and what a big investment it is. Everest software definately has its issues but so does EVERY other software program, it truly is tough picking the lesser of all evils when it comes to software.

Netsuite is not good in keeping the solution affordable for small businesses. I talked to them last year, and checked again this month, just to learn that they up their subscription by 25%, from $399 to $499 a month for the first user. Even you pay ALL upfront, you can get at most 30% discount, that will set you $9000-10,000 a year at a minimum for two users.

Unhappy a scandal involving Dydacomp and Stone Edge

Hello again,

A client sent me the following link, http://www.dydaconjob.com. Oh my!!! I had no idea things got so bad in this business.

Irene

When we started our own online store in 2003, with the growth we soon found that we needed some sort of order management and task management to help handling the daily chaotic tasks. We did look around at that time for an existing one, but were deterred by either the high price or the old technologies and old concepts that those packages were used. Luckily (or unluckily, since we spent more time and resources than even the most expensive one asks) we had the proper background in computer science, so we decide to write our own. Using .Net and MS SQL, we have improved and enhanced our software to handle what most merchants will face everyday with power to spare. Since we are a small company, the main focus is to reduce manpower, but still provide the same level of customer services like the big players. Almost everything is managed in MC2 including incoming emails. The key of any internet based company is how you appear to your customers in terms of communication, customer services, packaging, not your physical size. And the success lies in task management.

If you don’t hate small companies, you might want to email me at george@MerchantCompanion.com. We haven’t been able to focus on selling our software since we were very busy with our memory upgrade business, but we do have about 15 active small and large merchants that are willing to use our software and help us on improving the software. The current price with lifetime updates is less than a new laptop and the 90-days free trial means if MC2 is not helping you, it’s our fault.

Best regards,

George
    www.MerchantCompanion.com

order management software

Hello, feel free to contact me to discuss further. We have been involved with CMS (New Haven) for several years and have not converted. OrderSuite has been very responsive. Would like to hear what you decided on and if you are satisfied.
    dbeck@protectiveproductsga.com

noblenull:
    I have some questions before I am able to give you a suggestion.
    1- What is the name of your current system?
    2- How many orders do you get per day?
    3- Do you stock, just-in-time, or drop ship your products?

Order managers

I'm wondering if anyone here has consider / tried using fishbowl inventory with the sdk to link the their cart?

Also.. what about Microsoft Small Business Financials? Any success with linking this one to their site?

Sativo

Hi Noblenull. You might want to checkout this thread

http://forums.smallbusinesscomputing...1&page=1&pp=15

The last 2 pages list a bunch of different solutions.

Stone Edge Order Manager

Barney Stone,

I have been seeking an affordable Multichannel Commerce product for a few days now. I currently manage an Ecometry installation at my day job, but it's much too expensive for my current client. I have seen posts from you on many different forums and respect your demeanor and tone. There's something about the way you respond that gives me confidence in you. I would like some answers regarding my current clients needs.

1 - Does Stone Edge Order Manager integrate with QuickBooks and is it a clean and deep level integration?

2 - I have purchase a web store called CRE Loaded. It is based on the core of osCommerce with a lot more features added on. Will Order Manager integrate with CRE Loaded?

3 - Can inventory numbers be updated in real-time (or otherwise) on my CRE Loaded web store.

4 - Can tracking numbers and order status but updated in real-time (or otherwise) on my CRE Loaded web store?

Thank you,

Mail Order Manager - good program BUT...

Mail Order Manager by Dydacomp is a robust system with many features our business was looking for - we've been a long term user.

HOWEVER, let me add that there are a lot of issues with being a customer of theirs. Dydacomp has little to NO concept of customer support. Customers waiting for support can be in queue for HOURS and the current president (Rob something or other) "doesn't get it". It's hard to believe he rose through the ranks of Sales because one would think he would be more of a customer advocate - not at all impressed with him.

There are good things about the software but keep your expectations low on everything else.

Hi
    I have always used MS project management and Primavera. Thanks for updating..Keep it up

I found this forum when I was researching Core Tech's Mailware program for reviews. We purchased Mailware in December 2009 with the promise it would integrate with Amazon and a website so we could manage our inventory all in one place.

It turns out the Amazon integration was not really done and now here we are 5 months later still unable to use the program that we paid over $3000 for.

It looks like we will be starting the refund request and see if they give us trouble on this.

We used Channel Advisor for over a year and while it was a good program the cost was very high.

Does anyone know of a good reliable system that will manage inventory for Amazon and a website?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onlinenetworker View Post
    I found this forum when I was researching Core Tech's Mailware program for reviews. We purchased Mailware in December 2009 with the promise it would integrate with Amazon and a website so we could manage our inventory all in one place.

It turns out the Amazon integration was not really done and now here we are 5 months later still unable to use the program that we paid over $3000 for.

It looks like we will be starting the refund request and see if they give us trouble on this.

We used Channel Advisor for over a year and while it was a good program the cost was very high.

Does anyone know of a good reliable system that will manage inventory for Amazon and a website?

Thanks
    Other than the Amazon integration, how did you like the software? I have been considering it but I use Zen cart and would not want to have an integration problem with that.....

Thread Information