Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Small shop looking for inventory help

Small shop looking for inventory help

I work in a small shop that has inventory located with-in the building. We also do field service and carry inventory on our trucks. We have had several disussions on how to keep track of inventory in "multiple warehouses". The service techs may also take extra parts with them that may or may not be used on the job and will need to be checked back in later on. The shop is currently using Quickbooks software. We are looking for ideas on how to be able to track inventory in QB and how service techs can check parts in and out - and track what they have on their trucks. Any help would be appreciated.

If you are looking for multi channel inventory management software then Orderhive will be the right choice.
    Try orderhive's free 15 days subscription to know more in detail about software working.

Inventory Management Software

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    I work in a small shop that has inventory located with-in the building. We also do field service and carry inventory on our trucks. We have had several disussions on how to keep track of inventory in "multiple warehouses". The service techs may also take extra parts with them that may or may not be used on the job and will need to be checked back in later on. The shop is currently using Quickbooks software. We are looking for ideas on how to be able to track inventory in QB and how service techs can check parts in and out - and track what they have on their trucks. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Please check out our Inventory Management system . I think it will meet your needs. If you have any questions pleas contact me at lbaker@teknetmedia.com

Visit us at: http://www.teknetmedia.com/Home/Inventory

Have you checked out intuit's online forum? they have a large community there to help you out with your challenges in QB. According to what I know, QB is not a very good software to use for inventory management.

If your business does not have a high volume you might be able to handle it with a good excel SOP in place. Or else you might need an inv mgt software like Tradegecko. they offer free trials on their website so you could give it a try. PM me if you would like a more customised trial.

Zenventory for small and medium-sized businesses

You should take a look at Zenventory. It's all web-based and you get 30 days free when you start! It integrates with QuickBooks as well as online marketplaces and shipping like UPS, USPS, and more. Zenventory is super affordable too as it's designed for small and medium-sized businesses.
    There's also a helpful blog that gives more insight into inventory management and how the software works.

Good luck!

Thanks, guys))
    I find what I need)

A good option for you would be Primaseller. This software platform is specially designed for small and medium retail businesses.

They help you integrate your multiple stores and/or warehouses and operate them all from a single place. This means that you won't have to use multiple logins for each warehouse. Inventory at all your warehouses can be seen from a single panel.

There are restrictions while using Quickbooks as an inventory management software. It does not provide you advanced inventory management features. The interesting aspect about Primaseller is that it provides you great features for inventory management along with integration with Quickbooks for accounting purposes. This means that whenever you generate an invoice (which can also be done with Primaseller), your inventory and financial details go automatically to Quickbooks. So, you will obtain real-time and accurate accounts at all times.

You can sign up for their 14 day free trial and understand their features.

I would suggest you to get the best inventory software that can track of multi warehouses etc.

I agree with your suggestion, Telecom inventory easy to manage and control.

We keep our inventory in a storage warehouse and use Telecom Inventory. It's still pretty new for us but so far so good.

good post, I was asking about this several days ago. I will check the options

Quote Originally Posted by crub View Post
    Have you checked out intuit's online forum? they have a large community there to help you out with your challenges in QB. According to what I know, QB is not a very good software to use for inventory management.

If your business does not have a high volume you might be able to handle it with a good excel SOP in place. Or else you might need an inv mgt software like Tradegecko. they offer free trials on their website so you could give it a try. PM me if you would like a more customised trial.
    I think you should go here.

Great suggestion guys. I run a service called Hubbion where I create free alternatives to paid business apps. I'm curious to know if there is a good demand for free inventory management tools. If so, I will work on this next.

Hello Tank,

I even work in a retail industry. I can certainly realize how frustrating it can be to keep track of inventory for you. To keep track of our inventory, we utilize a retail software, called as Er4u.

I hope it would be helpful.
    Good luck!

Do you use some ERP solutions, by the way? I would like to recommend you to take a look at the article from https://diceus.com/open-source-erp-j...product-choose about them. i think you will find it interesting and helpful to you. Good luck with your business. Hope you will find my reply here helpful
    Last edited by jcage; 08-28-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Thread Information