Thread: How the online sellers are dealing with bad buyers?

How the online sellers are dealing with bad buyers?

Hello Online Sellers,

I am interested in this industry and I would like to ask you how do you cope with bad buyers? I know that the vast majority of you have experience with those kind of people.

i think there are bad buyers but very less.. i have not face yet.

I am glad to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirenmodi View Post
    i think there are bad buyers but very less.. i have not face yet.
    I am so glad to hear that there are people who have never been scammed.

What exactly do you mean by this? Do you mean buyers who send you money, but then want their money back? If so, it's always best for business to offer a guarantee. This establishes trust and if people take you up on the guarantee, you should honor it. However, if people are getting around things in a way to harm your business, you should find a way to stop that or ban the users. Most people are good though, so this should be a minority of people.
    Warm Regards,

Denise

And what kind of items/products are you selling?

Have you ever used online fraud prevention tools such as FraudList, eBuyersReviewed or BadBuyerList? What is your opinion about them?

John - it'd be helpful if you gave us more information about your business.

Those sites look nice but keep in mind that people can report SELLERS to them too

You need/must have "your rules" firmly in place regarding sales/returns/refunds...

Hello Steve,

I conducted research on those websites, and it turns out that eBuyersReviewed, as well as BadBuyerList, are used by sellers like me only. However, I am not sure if those sites consist of enough information.

As far as my business is concerned, I am selling motorcycle jackets on Amazon and eBay.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Interesting!!! Bad buyers I have always heard about bad sellers. Why get scammed as the online payment is through a secured gateway?

Some buyers take advantage of loopholes in return policy or abuse customer rights. this is different from fraud.
    Unfortunately, there is not much can be done in here. Business take a loss or gets bad customer reviews if they refuse on returns/refunds.
    This is something to consider before engaging into this business.

As for fraud, there is a number of tool mentioned here and additional to prevent this. Fraud list can be reduced without effecting quality of service.

I had faced some bad buyer

i faced twice the situation , am a online seller in ebay ... one of the customer she order the product from her office address (delivery address) and the product was delivered on saturday some body took the parcel on her name, and raised a complaint order was not received .. but when i tracked the courier ticket it's delivered before the due date.

Interesting point is her demand is i was off on that day so i want my money back. immediately i sent all the tracking info with dates to ebay they just rejected her appeal and ebay sent the money to my bank account. (actually the parcel is at her office only) so be carefull mates ! some time we have to face this kind of silly customers. should keep all the info.

I use https://www.bpmonline.com/ CRM solution for my online business. It has some nice opportunities to interacts with different customers. I guess you will be able to ignore blacklisted customers with the help of such systems. They are made for such tasks

Quote Originally Posted by jcage View Post
    I use https://www.bpmonline.com/ CRM solution for my online business. It has some nice opportunities to interacts with different customers. I guess you will be able to ignore blacklisted customers with the help of such systems. They are made for such tasks
    Thanks for the share. I didn't know this!

Thread Information