Thread: Alexa Ranking and Google Page Rank

Alexa Ranking and Google Page Rank

What is the difference between Alexa ranking and Google page rank, also how can i find alexa rank for my own website? Is there any plugin or extension available for that?

Alexa and Google are completely different. Alexa ranks your position across the Internet in relation to all other sites. I don't know their exact criteria, but it's supposed to be a snapshot of how popular a site is in terms of traffic, etc. Pagerank has to do with links and how much credibility a site has. Using a scale of 0 through 10, the higher the number, the more power/credibility/weight a site has. When that site links to another, it passes some of that link power along. That raises the linked-to site in the search engine results pages.

HOWEVER! That all being said. Using links to manipulate search results will get your site in trouble. You should not shortcut and go directly for the link. You should focus on your content and your visitor experience. The better your content, the more credible your site. You will, over time, gradually gather natural, well-earned links and your site will grow properly.

Hope that helps!
    Warm Regards,

Denise

Alexa is not the "standard" ranking site and does not replace Google.com search engine queries for generic keywords and phrases.

Alexa Ranking is Shows traffic on your site but Google PR is grade your website from Google.

Thanks for the clarification, it always make me confuse between both of them.

Link juice was passing from site to site through links from various sources of Google. it is found that no follow links in an investigation find that in some areas of in which Google+ is allowing link juice to be passed.

Sorry, I have done this post in wrong thread.

Thread Information