Thread: How Often Search Engine Crawls?

How Often Search Engine Crawls?

Hello everyone, i want to ask fellow people here that i dont know how often search engine crawls the web for updated links or backlink for a website? Anyone knows here?

Thank you,

Regards
    Mehak

That depends on your website. A large e-commerce site usually crawled in every 45 minute by Google.

Good question. I was doing back links yesterday on site with a page rank of nine and eight. So will these be picked up by Google lets say in three days or earlier? How long will it take for a site with a page rank of two?
    Chris
    IRS Registered Tax Preparer

It compeletly depends on the site. Are there many quality back link from good sites ? In such case there are chances to get crawled frequently.

Guys, I'm undergoing training in SEO, but i really can't understand the concept of backlinks, care to explain to me?

Posting a link on our site...that points to your site would be an example of a backlink... Since our site gets crawled your site would get some extra points/juice...

BUT, our site is a no-follow site so it wouldn't be as beneficial. And, you'd have to be careful here about not looking like a spammer to avoid getting banned... AND, if your sites is about dogs and cats for example - Google might punish your ratings since cats and dogs is such a different topic than what our site is about.

Normally it crawls on every 15 days. but if you are regularly updating your site it will visit frequently to get the update from your site.

Hi,
    Crawls are based on many factors such as PageRank, links to a page, and crawling constraints such as the number of parameters in a URL.

Google frequently crawl the website. However we can't say precisely.

Algoritm of Google crawl is based on many factors. We need to follow webmaster guidelines to ensure the crawl is smooth.

Thread Information