Page 4 of 4 ... 234

Thread: Magento vs. WordPress for e-commerce

Both Magento and WordPress (with WooCommerce plugin) are good for e-commerce. These platforms are both popular and reliable. They, however, differ in usage. Magento is a complex system used for websites with complicated functionality and a lot of third-party tools + customizations.
    WordPress without WooCommerce plugin is used for blog, government, and educational websites. It has no sense to create an e-commerce website just on WordPress without using WooCommerce.

It's the best eCommerce platform, that's why I just passed the exam and got Magento certified. By the way, here's a great tutorial that helped me deal with many questions: https://belvg.com/tutorial.

If you gave a high budget then Magento is better than Wordpress. Magento plugins are paid and it is s highly secure.

In my view, Magento is a dedicated eCommerce platform as it directly focus on eCommerce makes it more robust, but less flexible.

Magento and Wordpress CMSs are totally different.The final decision will mainly depend on the amount of products you are going to sell through your e-commerce site, on the business model you are going to apply, and amount of money you are ready spend on the development and customization of your store. In general, Wordpress+WooCommerce is good to go for small to mid-sized startups. Magento, in turn, is the best choice for mid-sized to enterprise level e-commerce companies.
    Additionally, Magento is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms which has two versions (Magento 1, and Magento 2). Note that if you now set up a store with Magento 1, soon you will need to migrate Magento 1 store to Magento 2, because the M1 will become outdated in couple of months.

I'll go with Magento if it's an Ecommerce site, however I think Wordpress is better for SEO.
    Last edited by johncharles64; 06-04-2020 at 05:53 AM.

There is no doubt in Magento leading WooCommerce when it comes to eCommerce management and robust platform but it's a far complex and costly solution like you would need an expert team to maintain and run Magento. While on the other hand, WooCommerce is still a cost-effective and less complex solution because it is easier to customize. Moreover, now you can even use WooCommerce as a B2B platform https://codup.co/does-woocommerce-me...-online-store/
    So, my opinion is to opt for Magento is only if you have all resources (team and budget), or else WooCommerce is good choice.

Thread Information