Page 3 of 4 1234 Last>>

Thread: Magento vs. WordPress for e-commerce

I think Magento & Wordpress both have their own benefits. But what I suggest for eCommerce for my clients is Magento. But if the client has small number of products and categories, then I go with WordPress (easily customize).

To add to this thread. I would say if you are just starting out go with Wordpress. If you have a little experience as a developer or have the resources then go with Magento. The benefit of both platforms is broad community support. It also means that you have a large pool of people you could outsource future upgrades to through sites like UpWork, etc.

I think Magento & Wordpress both are great ecommerce platforms. I prefer to Magento

I'm a WordPress devotee. I believe, it's posible to create a simple but powerful e-commerce site using one of the best ecommerce wordpress themes. I've always had an itch to start my own online business and sell natural cosmetics. WordPress helped my dream come true!

Personally, I prefer using Magento. It is beter for eCommerce

Hello! I agree that both of these platforms have their advantages. I like using WordPress for my projcts, although sometimes I prefer Magento. Recently, I like to use ready-made free website templates, like these from http://www.*********.com/designs for making e-stores. It is very convenient and simple, I can make a web store in a few hours and do other things. Good luck!

Magento is popular Open Source eCommerce Solution Platform which i flexible, scaleble & easy to customize. Currently Magento has two versions; Magento Community & Magento Enterprise. There are quite a huge advantages you get this platform such as SEO friendly, Mobile, Responsive, Massive Community support & lots of extension features you can integrate into your system to boost sales.

i prefer magento over wordpress for ecommerce websites. have u found any reliability extra in wordpress ?

As per my point of view Magento is best option for eCommerce. Magento eCommerce provides to easy installation process & additional add-ons which make it easy & less complicated, when compared with any other cart. It can be used with WordPress to make the shopping cart structure simple & easy to use.

Magento is more specific for eCommerce, whereas WordPress is a more geared towards blogging, though it could be used for eCommerce as well. There are some who are able to integrate Magento into WordPress in some way. It all comes down to what solution would work best.

I guess, both platforms have pros and cons, and there is and there will be a discussion which one is better . It has to be noted, there are other good ways to create an eCommerce website. As I'm not tech savvy, I used one of the eCommerce website builders and haven't regretted my choice. It turned out to be really easy to work with them, they offer all necessary features and some of them are available for free.
    Last edited by Jim222; 10-29-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Ive decided to go with wordpress but i still curious about magento, I will use it to build a store website.

If depends much of the site usage however me, as WordPress developer will always recommend WP for the flexibility, many upgrades and massive plugins and themes library.

Magento is designed for only e-commerce platforms but wherein Wordpress is a Blogging platform. As becoming popular of Wordpress usage, the platform has developed for various areas also such as for e-commerce, forum, job listing, etc., But I would prefer that for e-com websites, hire some good talent coders to build website.

Red face Magento

Hey,
    Magento is better for E-Commerce because it provides advanced features and navigation!
    Wordpress is good too but it is mostly preferred for blogging.

Thread Information