Page 2 of 4 1234 Last>>

Thread: Magento vs. WordPress for e-commerce

I'd go for Magento. It is a really good service. I've been using it with finestshops hosting for my store, and it works totally great for me. I would recommend it to everyone, I guess

I'd go for Magento. It is a really good service. I've been using it with finestshops hosting for my store, and it works totally great for me. I would recommend it to everyone, I guess

eCommerce has little bit complexity and require some eCommerce related features. Magento is specially for eCommerce. You can easily add, develop and manage eCommerce complex features and functionality in Magento. Wordpress basically started for blog development. Mostly bloggers uses Wordepress. It is easy and simple to use. Now, Wordpress offering many features including eCommerce. But better is Magento.

Magento is the most popular platform for eCommerce website development continuously for the fourth year. Magento is the real deal if you are looking for a feature-rich, powerful platform.

We wet away from Magento and work with Abantecart and Opencart. Both are well written from code perspective and well supported on forums. Easy to expand and customize compare to Magento. Abantecart has very cool user interface and features set. We get very positive comments from our customers migrated from magento, oscommerce, and other older carts.
    I would stay away from wordpress as much as possible, due to many reasons explained in external resources. I do not want to sound very negative here

Quote Originally Posted by dmayer5 View Post
    Hello:

I am a part-time web developer and have been working for a friend of mine since June on his small business website. We originally launched his website using WordPress and used gravity forms for the purchase orders which worked well because originally the business modsel wa to do some sales online but the goal was to market the product to retailers.

Since then we have shifted into a e-commerce based website. We are still using WordPress and have it integrated with WooCommerce.

My friend, the owner, is happy with the system but wants to have a CRM and somehow have the system set up so that when they take phone orders they don't have to enter everything into excel.

The new marketing director mentioned using Magento. I have dabbled in Magento in the past and I think it's a great system. There are extensions for CRM's like Salesforce and it looks like there are a lot more resources for setting up wholesale orders and ext.

I think my only concern is that we since our website is not only eCommerce, what is the flexibility of creating pages with sidebars or full whidth and ext. wit ease like in WordPress or regular HTML websites.
    As per your question concern I would like to say that you have create one CRM that manage your all data. But, this is not easy that we think and also Magento is here for eCommerce solution. You can easily move your site from wordpress to magento.

Most of the people use Magneto for eCommerce site. This is good for eCommerce site. WordPress is only use for blogging site. so my suggestion is to use Magneto Application for your eCommerce site.

Use magento only if you need to create a large online store with tons of features. it's too complex for smaller sites.
    otherwise woocommerce would be a better choise

Wordpress is better for blogging or SMB sites. While Wordpress can be very easy to use I have also noticed that it also has many security issues.

In my opinion Wordpress is far better than magento, because it got more theme, more features, more plugins and most of all it is friendly to search engines, while magento site is not compatible from seo marketing point of view.

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

Magento ecommerce advancement to make better performing ecommerce sites. Magento commerce solution offer store proprietors with extreme adaptability to deal with their visual advance, substance and working of their online stores.

I don't think Wordpress is a good solution for eCommerce. I prefer using some Magento templates from http://*************************/magento-themes.php website instead. They always work like a charm for me

Between Magento and Wordpress I would choose Magento, hands down. But if you are looking for platform that you can customize and maintain yourself, unless you have a good technical proficiency, you should stay away from Magento. It has many features and options, but it is very complex. And the community sucks! Lots and lots of developers from third-world countries that have no idea what they are doing, so it is awfully hard to find a good developer that knows his stuff, but won't rip you off.
    But, I repeat, between Wordpress and Magento for ecommerce, Magento is the absolute winner.

I think Magento is best ecommerce platform & better than wordpress.

Thread Information