Thread: Rate My Site - Needing a second set of eyes!

Exclamation Rate My Site - Needing a second set of eyes!

I have never designed a website. I feel like I have done my best and I am of course changing as often as I see things that need fixed. I am looking for feed back on my site colors, layout, content, shoot i'd even take some grammar and spelling comments, as well as how my products look in the photos. Does everything seem clear? Is my site somewhere you would feel safe purchasing from? Is there tips or advice you might have for me? Also note I will be getting a blog writer for my Golf News Blog soon so that content will start to be more up to date hopefully within the week. THANKS!

brushworksllc.com
    Sara Pearce - Owner @ Brushworks LLC
    brushworksllc.com
    Check out our environmentally friendly Golf Towel with a Patented groove cleaning brush!

it needs more work on website design i can guide you to some good designers if you want.

I was looking for specifics like what need more work. Not just a generic answer. I would not like a designer. I will just keep trying to find people who are willing to give me their opinion on what needs work.
    Sara Pearce - Owner @ Brushworks LLC
    brushworksllc.com
    Check out our environmentally friendly Golf Towel with a Patented groove cleaning brush!

Critique of Brushworks LLC Website

Hi, Sara, I'm a recently retired Web designer with 16 years' experience in the field. Came across your request for a critique and thought I'd help you out.
    First, positive elements: you've clearly done your best to make your site simple, clean, and easy to navigate. That is VERY important. Your content is fairly well written, but I'd do one more pass through it to condense the text as much as is feasible. For example:
    "Our terry Golf Bag Towel is made of 100% cotton and a 100% recyclable brush that is patented and permanently bonded to it. We do not use any chemicals in the bonding process because we believe in simple and clean products. There is no metal in this product there for you can clean your club heads without worry of damaging the grooves. There has been a lot of research done on using metal on your club heads. The conclusions show metal on metal contact can be damaging. I have complied a list of links to the golf manufacturers that clearly state not using metal brushes on there web site. You can check that out by clicking here. If you would like more information on our golf bag towel brushes and what makes them so great click here."
    You can make that a little more concise: "Our 100% cotton terry Golf Bag Towel is permanently bonded to a patented, 100% recyclable brush. We use no chemicals in the bonding process because we believe in simple, clean products. Based on extensive research (make the word "research" the label for a link to http://brushworksllc.com/pages/manufacturers-links) showing that metal in club cleaning products can be damaging to the heads, we use no metal in our towel brushes."

Since you get maybe 8 seconds' worth of attention from Websurfers hitting your home page (if you're lucky), you need to capture attention from your qualified prospects very quickly. For that and related reasons I recommend you add a subhead saying "environmentally friendly golf accessories" right next to or immediately under "Welcome to Brushworks LLC." This will tell visitors immediately what your site is about and what your company does. Those people looking for golf accessories will know they've landed on a relevant page.

Additionally, I think you will create more interest if you move the 3 large images at the bottom of the page to the top. You want to show off your products, right? Give them some scope. Use the large images and the paragraphs now on the top and middle of the page as blurbs right underneath them.

You seriously need to change the color scheme, because the green and yellow links simply don't show up against the medium-gray background. I recommend just lightening the gray and darkening the link colors, for now. You might want to think about establishing an official palette for your site and any social media pages and/or printed pieces you intend to create in future. This is an issue that used to cause me to get into arguments with Art Directors; it doesn't matter how pretty a color scheme is if people can't read your content. Keep in mind that some of us are old; that means low-contrast colors are harder to read. Also, I am fortunate to have a high-end, high-rez monitor, but not everybody does. Cheap and/or old monitors will make low-contrast color schemes even more illegible.

Where it says "...using metal brushes on there web site." You want to say "using metal brushes on THEIR Web site."
    All in all, your site isn't bad for a first effort and you're doing the right thing by asking for feedback about it. Do let me know if you find my suggestions helpful and which ones you implement.

Jenny McDermott

Hello brushworks!

I agree with KittyMartyr that grey background should be lighter, green links should be more green.

Also, I hope you will have more products to make your site more interesting for customers and I hope you will have product categories to separate different types of products.

I would also recommend to edit your policy pages. Try to make it more readable, separate text by paragraphs, make titles bold.

Also, it would be great to have a more descriptive banner on your home page. Think about a good slogan for your business and place it to the banner.

Your Contact us button is great but I would highly recommend you to place more contact information on top of your pages such as a phone number, e-mail address, skype login. It makes your customers feel that you are real and more serious.

I wish all the best to your business! You did a great job.

Kind regards, Alt-team

Hey I have found a link which is giving an info over disabling wma playback on playstation 3....check it out:

http://www.technologynectar.com/how-...ayback-on-ps3/

Please respond whether its a working or not, or just something is missing..

Thread Information