Thread: Is there any Ecommerce Gurus out there?

Is there any Ecommerce Gurus out there?

Why do you guys think this site is not selling enough?

www.gotitall.co.nz

Lots of products and lots of hits.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Please also rate the design and layout please feel free to give some advice.

Cheers.

1. There are a hundred gazillion sites like yours and to compete you've got to have something really special.
    2. You spelled Jewelry wrong and that's a huge no-no
    3. You have empty categories and that's a huge no-no. If you have no products, don't list the category until you do.
    4. Your about us page doesn't say anything about you, who you are.
    5. No phone number. Another huge no-no.
    6. Your site colors need work. That #2C2C2C doesn't say much and there is way too much vertical scrolling so look at your design.

The design is nice, but like the previous poster mentioned a bit flat without any color. Personally I found there to be no focal point. I scanned over the site and thought, "Wow, this is really busy and I'm not sure where to start."

A good question to ask is why should your visitors purchase from you instead of Amazon.com?

What do you do differently or offer added value?

Not a big fan of white one black design. A few questions, though, what is your USP? (Unique Selling Point) and where are the hits coming from?

D.

95% of the hits are from New Zealand. The black design is very traditional with
    New Zealand. All Blacks etc etc. This business is a amazon.com type shop where New Zelanaders only buy from New Zealanders and all the items are based in NZ. Too many websites try to sell to us from overseas and the items takes months to arrive, that is now if they ever arrive.

Only vetted vendors are allowed to sell.

Only had a quick look:

I found it a bit puzzling. I clicked on categories that had nothing in them that asked me if I wanted to sell stuff. Potential buyers would find this somewhat offputting. The purpose of the site isn't very clear.

red text on a dark grey background isn't very readable.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitall View Post
    95% of the hits are from New Zealand. The black design is very traditional with
    New Zealand. All Blacks etc etc. This business is a amazon.com type shop where New Zelanaders only buy from New Zealanders and all the items are based in NZ. Too many websites try to sell to us from overseas and the items takes months to arrive, that is now if they ever arrive.

Only vetted vendors are allowed to sell.
    So why not make this part of the "About us" page under the "For Shoppers" subtitle? And I don't know that I would make the comparison to Amazon.com, you may find yourself with a cease and desist legal action against you. Don't compare your site to another but give the benefits of shopping on your site.

In the Terms & Conditions page, instead of listing an email address I would point the user to the "Contact Us" page.

The "Contact Us" page should contain a list selection box of Categories/Subjects that the mail could be about to help you with mail management. Each categorization could go to a different email address.

Your byline "the one stop shop for Kiwis" makes me think you are primarily selling Kiwi but I'm not from New Zealand. I did look up the word and it does make perfect sense for your nationalized site.

Like others, the empty categories are a "turn off" in the use of the site. I would leave thinking I couldn't find a product. Is your site hand edited or dynamically CMS driven? A proper CMS would help you control the data such that the category menu can hide the empty categories from the menu and sitemap links.

Hope this helps,
    Earnie

Looks very cluttered to me, like shopping in a jumble sale. You need to make it easier for customers to find the products they are looking for. Also why promote tennis raquets on every page? You'd do better promoting products related to the category the user in in.

In the ase that this is for NZ only, try to make the message more clear. It should stand out that this is only for NZ and only from NZ producers for example.
    LIVE Chat by giosg.com

Quote Originally Posted by giosg View Post
    In the ase that this is for NZ only, try to make the message more clear. It should stand out that this is only for NZ and only from NZ producers for example.
    The byline gives that away "the one stop shop for Kiwis" is a reference to New Zealanders. But for someone not understanding the reference Kiwis has then it isn't clear so I tend to agree that it should be stated in a paragraph at the top of the main body giving a mission statement for the site.

Quote Originally Posted by earnieboyd View Post
    The byline gives that away "the one stop shop for Kiwis" is a reference to New Zealanders. But for someone not understanding the reference Kiwis has then it isn't clear so I tend to agree that it should be stated in a paragraph at the top of the main body giving a mission statement for the site.
    Indeed! But I was thinking more of, incorporating the philosophy everywhere. Not just a paragraph or a line. More like under each product, each paragraph.

For example: The mobile phone that only Kiwis understand. Its black!

Stuff like that. Make every product sound appealing to NZ.

For example: Did you know that "some brand" was started by a New Zealender? Well, it was. So try it now.

Etc.
    LIVE Chat by giosg.com

Thumbs down Hmmm... Something is not sitting well with me...

I have seen this site before, functional but seems to be a commercially available customizable shopping cart script as in the Zen Cart series... So why ask what needs improvement when you are not the original designer, what are you to do anything about it? Correct me if I am wrong, but I do know when I am being deceived, are you only using this opportunity for back links and free advertising not really advice? The reasons I am confident about my assumptions is simple really, oppression and prejudice only proves your ignorance, unwillingness to abandon your primordial neanderthal existence, please crawl out of your cave! The rest of this planet knows the century they are in... do I really need to remind you of these facts? Please deal with it or perish as others have fallen, history will repeat itself if you do not learn from it. The year is 2012, this is not science fiction and here in the United States of America (the world power) we have an African American President and Chief. Don't mess with Texas or the Marines my friend you will only lose and very quickly. And those are the facts so deal with it.
    Join the e-commerce business world today! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain in profits just waiting for you on the internet right now!

Thanks everyone some very useful ideas I will implement it in the next few days then we can see how it goes. I will try and comment back on this thread. Giosg I think you've hit the nail on the head. I have trademark the Phrase "where Kiwis Shop From Kiwis" I think as this is for New Zealanders only they all understand the name Kiwi.

Sometimes you wonder why people can always see other people's problems, but what they cannot see is that they are actually the problem! Until you see that you will always have a problem.

Thread Information