Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last>>

Thread: Does anyone know invoicing software?

Does anyone know invoicing software?

Does anyone have any recommendation for freshbooks alterntives? I need a primary invoicing remedy to bill my customers, history my expenses etc.

Hi,

OpenERP is a good alternative. It can be used not only for invoicing and tracking expenses, but also for accounts, inventory management, CRM, POS etc. You can start with minimalistic approach installing bare minimum modules initially and later expand the scope, if needed.

The solution can be availed on SaaS basis also these days.

Regards,
    Gorav

Open Source Billing is a new option

Actually the company I work for released an open source billing option that's much like freshbooks. It's not feature complete yet, but the essentials are already there--you can create and send invoices, receive and post payments, and run a collection of reports. It's only going to get better from here on out.

You can play with the online demo or download, install, use it... without paying a thing--the beauty of open souce

I'm not sure of the rules about linkage here (I just got here and saw this post) but it's opensourcebilling dot org -- there's screenshots and links to the demo and download on the website.

I agree with Gorav.Many people have advised me about OpenERP.I think I will try it for my business.

Quote Originally Posted by mitcheharper View Post
    I agree with Gorav.Many people have advised me about OpenERP.I think I will try it for my business.
    You can download, install and configure it on your own. You will need a local server or a VPS account for that. OR

Contact me if you need a hosted ready-to-use OpenERP instance on SaaS basis.

Quote Originally Posted by tomaraOSB View Post
    ... download, install, use it... without paying a thing--the beauty of open souce ...
    Are you going to need a web server for this, or can you run it on a local server? (Reliable web servers are not free. )

You can run it over local server as well, if you have the technical know-how.

Reliable web servers are not free - True.

We are providing hosted instance of OpenERP for $36/month or $360/year. So far our customers are happy with the services. Reviews can be seen at this link.
    Last edited by Gorav; 06-10-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorav View Post
    You can run it over local server as well, if you have the technical know-how.

Reliable web servers are not free - True.

We are providing hosted instance of OpenERP for $36/month or $360/year. So far our customers are happy with the services. Reviews can be seen at this link.
    Well done, Gorav, for coming back quickly with a sensible and courteous response! That is the very best way to build credibility with our members who might become your customers.

If we run OpenERP on our local server, aren't we likely to have problems when communicating over the internet for sending invoices and seeing payments via Paypal?

Your company is in India. Will all of your support team speak English as well as you do?

If we run OpenERP on your hosted server, how do we know that your firm will be viable for years to come?

Quote Originally Posted by C0ldf1re View Post
    If we run OpenERP on our local server, aren't we likely to have problems when communicating over the internet for sending invoices and seeing payments via Paypal?
    Static IP and proper firewall rules will be able to take care of these concerns. However, email gateway can be configured to work even with SMTP authentication.

Your company is in India. Will all of your support team speak English as well as you do?
    Our staff is well-trained and capable of delivering. End of the day, we deliver what our customers need. In terms of communication skills, we do groom our staff and take utmost care that resources interfacing with customers are fluent in English. We do support our customers over skype chat and voice, no complaints so far.

If we run OpenERP on your hosted server, how do we know that your firm will be viable for years to come?
    We are in business from 2007 onwards. We have customers across India and overseas as well. Some of our customers are doing multi-Million Dollar turnover per annum. List of some of our customers is given on our webiste. Hence, we are not quitting the business, at least not any time soon Still, worst case scenario, if for some reason we were to close our business, customers always have the option of taking backup of the hosted instance and run it elsewhere. Hope that helps.

Let us know if you have any further queries/concerns. We will be glad to answer and looking forward to serve members of this great community. Frankly speaking, its a great place to learn and share experiences. Keep up the good work!

Regards,
    Gorav
    Mobile: +91 98401 64646
    Last edited by Gorav; 06-10-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Sorry about the late reply

I was out of town and enjoying quiet time without the internet--sorry I missed your reply.

You can install Open Source Billing locally as well, but it's not currently feature complete... so there will be changes as the software advances. We basically created the software for ourselves. We have multiple vertical companies that have different branding, etc--so when using both Quickbooks online and Freshbooks, they required us to purchase multiple subscriptions. It was getting to be a very expensive endeavor, so we created something that would meet our needs. We made it open source, so others can use it and bend it to meet their needs as well.

Yes, we use the invoicing facility within our Sage Accounting software. That seems to do the job.

There are many free invoicing software available.
    You can easily download and install it.
    http://www.nchsoftware.com/invoice/index.html

we are not quitting the business, at least not any time soon Still, worst case scenario, if for some reason we were to close our business, customers always have the option of taking backup of the hosted instance and run it elsewhere. Hope that helps.

Give Nutcache a go - it's free and is a good all rounder for invoicing, accounting, and time tracking. It's also multilingual, so if you work with clients overseas (or even clients with a different native language), you can change their templates to suit their tastes.
    It takes a lot of the little jobs out of my day, which frees me up a little more for the million other things you have to manage as a small business owner!!
    <a href="http://www.nutcache.com">

Does anyone know of any good, free invoicing software? Alternatively, is there another way I can make a professional-looking invoice?

Thread Information