Thread: E Commerce Development

E Commerce Development

I'm looking to develop our E Commerce business as much as possible. So far we have a functioning website and are currently on ebay and amazon as top sellers. Are there any other areas worth expanding into??

How well is your site doing in the search engines? What's your conversion rate?

link removed

Google Adwords is a good way of getting listed quickly on Google for keywords that you don't currently appear for. It costs, but the cost is very controllable. You decide how much to bid for each click, and you can set a daily budget as well. Don't try to get the top positions, they are usually expensive. Aim for position 3-5 for best value.

Tsai,

It really depends on what your goals are and who your customers are.
    Are you trying to get into a new market?
    Learn more about ecommerce at eCommerce Hacks
    Looking for a hosted shopping cart? Check out BigCommerce Review

EBay and Amazon are very good at marketing and SEO. Can't do much better than them. We have both, but want to drop them, and our in house site is finally doing better than them after 2 years of optimizations.

Prestashop is a great open source ecommerce platform. You can build your own online shop on a shoestring as long as you know some HTML, CSS and PHP. I think it's worth checking it out as I was able to build a pretty good site for myself with it, although I'm not using it anymore

if we talk about the framework xcart gold is outstanding.

We have experience of developing sites using various platform but now we recommend client to choose xcart

why xcart ?
    Most important thing is it is secure.

1. Code ----- PHP code
    2. Template ---- Smarty

Supported Ajax which make the site fast and real time support. But we still do not pressure you to use this framework it is your choise and thinking.

I may be mistaken, but it seemed to me, the original question was not about shopping carts, but about the new business directions.
    If I'm right, the answer is - it depends on you business type. What is your market. May be you could find more specific audience.

Regards, Alt-team.

You should try to look at magento. It's the top ecommerce solution feature rich and flexible for any kind of ecommerce site like. It has a very big community and it's open source so support and inquiries are all around.
    Cheers!
    Goldenspiralstudio,
    FREE Magento One-Click Cart Checkout v1.0.5

Thread Information