Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: How to monitor competitors?

How to monitor competitors?

Hello!

I am struggling to get information on competitors across my product range. I want to stay updated on competitor price changes and adjust my own price based on the market trends. So far it's very manual and my team loses a lot of time.

Any experience on this problem? Any tools or services to automate this?

Thanks in advance!

try serp-tools.com , it may be helpful to monitor the keywords and business and i am not sure about..other business stuff

A good way to random check is with google products it will list all your competitors for a certain part number and give you all there prices in one place.

If you own a business, you need to know what people write about your company in order to maintain your reputation.

To analyze your competitors’ Websites, find out who their customers are and what they are saying. Monitor review sites, forums and social networking sites to see what their customers like and dislike.

also try setting up alerts in google alerts.

You can do a site search

site:cometitorsdomain.com

Or your competitors name into the alter box and you will get a daily update on their activity across the net

Hmmm?? This is for quick check to see if the Google spiders have crawled a website, there's no connection with the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by eshopwiz View Post
    also try setting up alerts in google alerts.

You can do a site search

site:cometitorsdomain.com

Or your competitors name into the alter box and you will get a daily update on their activity across the net

I think the first thing you need to do is to give your competitors a background check.By analyzing your competitors website and then finding out their customers are and what they are saying and by keeping a database of competitor's media coverage.

Try these for starters:

Compete.com
    Spyfu
    Keyword Spy
    Google Alerts

There are a lot of ways to get information on competitors.
    Eric Leuenberger
    Ecommerce Amplifier:The Ecommerce Success System

Really Using Google's shopping tool is a great way to keep abreast of competitor's offers. Other than that, I'm sorry to say, it is a manual process for all of us. For our company, I have several sites that I frequent, which all of most of competition advertises on. So within a few minutes I can get a very good sense of what is being offered.
    Get Free Website Vulnerability Monitoring at HostingArmor.com.
    Find the best hosting companies on the web.

Google alert is a great tool for monitoring your competitors online. Google will email the search queries to you as as often as you like. It will keep you updated with everything on websites, blogs, and even search engines, so it's a great way to keep track of your competitors business progress.

How true that you can see who's talking about you or your site if you use Google alert?

Quote Originally Posted by frankingmachine View Post
    Google alert is a great tool for monitoring your competitors online. Google will email the search queries to you as as often as you like. It will keep you updated with everything on websites, blogs, and even search engines, so it's a great way to keep track of your competitors business progress.

I think Google alert is one of the good way to check your competitors.

There are various Yahoo and Google commands for check the back links of any sites, you can use them and check the back link of your competitors and then you can also try to get links on same sites from where you competitor getting. this is the best way to fight with your competitors

How about finding your competitors' site and subscribing to their news.

WebAlertPro

If you want to monitor your competitors websites for changes check out webalertpro.com , it will tell you when anything changes on their site and can be used to easily monitor up to many thousands of pages across multiple websites, with the option for a daily email report.

Thread Information