Thread: Please review my free dating website PureConnections.com

Post Please review my free dating website PureConnections.com

Hi forum. I have been slowly developing an online dating website that I hope will rival the biggest names out there. I intend for it to be free, with a premium membership for little extra perks. But basically, it's free. I have years of experience with creating database driven eCommerce sites and thought I would have some fun trying to create a dating website. Turned out to be harder than I expected. I ran into many challenges along the way. From figuring out how to upload and compress profile images and them host then in CDN clouds, to encrypting sensitive data following PCI compliance, to just creating a search engine that works well. Lot's of challenges, lots of fun on this project. It's been up for 3 years now and it's a constant work in progress. Please login and try the features of my free dating website. I really need feedback from users on everything from page load times, to functionality and features. I want to create the best free dating website out there. Thanks, Jesse J. http://www.PureConnections.com

WOW.... I joined a couple sites a year ago.... Nutting like you have... Many of the women on your site look like professionals... And many of the women have guy names???

Thanks for the reply. You are right about the names. I am trying to integrate a much better screening process. One of the many issues I have had along the way is people created profiles using other peoples names. Or they upload pictures of famous people like actors or sports figures. I really count on the community to flag these profiles and help me to keep my site legit. Like I mentioned, it's a work-in-progress and I am always improving and adding to this site. What started as a fun project 3 years ago has now taken a life of its own and I just want to make sure my users have a fun and safe experience. Thanks, Jesse J.

Thread Information