Page 2 of 3 123 Last>>

Thread: E-Commerce Web Design

This question is very common for every small business. I was trying to gather all the information and give the ideas to a small business owner about different opportunities and choices. If somebody interested, please read it from our web site. Thanks
    How to spend less money for a web site design. Free courses.
    www.kalamelka.com

Try zen cart is easy for newbie .

------------------------------
    **Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

Hello Texan, I would recommend you to take a technology partnership with a ecommerce development firm who has an expertise on BigCommerce, this would cost you less also it saves your time, which makes you to spend more time and money on growth of your business. For eg., you can check this Ecommerce Solution Provider who offers a technology partnership. http://www.mercuryminds.com/services...rtnership.html

The relatively short answer is that this depends upon a) the platform that you plan on using, and b) your level of technical expertise.

There are a few "out-of-the-box" solutions like Magento, Volusion, BigCommerce, 3dCart, etc that will help you set up your eCommerce site without having to deal with TOO many of the nuts and bolts. Each one is different, though.

For example, the Community version of Magento is free, and open-source. This means there's no official support...but there is a huge community that has risen up around the platform. Finding developers, and information in the many forums is pretty easy to do.

Volusion, on the other hand, is a little easier to set up, and might find you wanting to get in touch with someone that has a more design-oriented skillset.

Of course, if you're pretty web-savvy, you might be able to tackle this project with either one of those solutions and just set things up yourself. What it might boil down to is doing the research to figure out which platform will allow you to work things out on your own, given your specific level of technical ability.

Hope this helps! You're more than welcome to PM me if you want to chat further.

_ Sean

Really depends on your back end processes. If you want a lot of stuff integrated into one platform then going the custom site route is the best. This way you can have email, finance tracking, etc all tied into one system. However, those other pre-built sites are faster to get up and running since most tech stuff is done for you.

You should go for prebuild and self-hosted eCommerce software like Daily Deal Builder Platform and many others because using any Open Source software you have to face many challenges with less security and many more like below:

1)Requires a good hosting environment:
    If your website is not properly hosted and you don’t have a good server, your users may experience slow load time. This means you will need to pay for good, reliable hosting.

2)Resource intensive:
    Magneto/Shopify requires a lot of space and memory. You will need to appropriately optimize your usage to cut down resource space so the site can perform better.

3)Heavily layered and complex coding:
    You may need the help from a developer for some of the more complex customization of your site since Magento does not use best practice programming and coding for deeper level customization.

Quote Originally Posted by jtexan View Post
    Can somebody please tell me the difference between hiring a web designer that will build a site for you using a certain platform (i.e. big commerce) as opposed to just going the Big Commerce site and just doing it yourself? Anything and everything y'all can think of would be appreciated, I'm just trying to get a better understanding this, thanks.
    Do you have a lot of design and/or back-end experience yourself?

Basically, if you hire a designer (and I'm saying this assuming that you don't have a ton of design experience yourself), you'll probably have a bit more control over how you can get your store to look.

You also give yourself the advantage of someone who is specially trained to understand the visual language. Graphic design is an interesting and complex thing, and the way that you execute various design elements of your store can seriously impact things like conversion, traffic, brand strength, etc.

If you plan to take your eCommerce operation as far as you can go with it, you might want to make the investment. Hire a designer, and carve out something unique and original for your store.

Of course, this doesn't need to be done at the very beginning. You can start with something relatively affordable, no-frills, and simplistic...and then simply improve your situation if and when you begin to see some serious growth or revenue increase.
    Sean B.

Difference Between the website created by professional web designer and the ones which are created yourself are
    1)Website are generally slow and unattractive if they are not designed by professional designers
    2)Appearance and images of the websites
    3) The navigation structure of the site
    4) Content presentation
    5) Site compatibility
    6) Loading time of the website
    7) Proffesional websites gain traffic

Quote Originally Posted by ayesha goyal View Post
    Difference Between the website created by professional web designer and the ones which are created yourself are
    1)Website are generally slow and unattractive if they are not designed by professional designers
    2)Appearance and images of the websites
    3) The navigation structure of the site
    4) Content presentation
    5) Site compatibility
    6) Loading time of the website
    7) Proffesional websites gain traffic
    There are some really good points here. I can tell you from experience -- things like website development and design aren't easy to just wing if you don't really have a lot of experience and training. Especially not if it's something that you expect to generate your income. If you want to make money through your online selling, you're probably going to have to invest in it a little bit. This is good news, though! Because doing this helps you make sure that your solution is one that looks great and can grow with you as you expand.
    Sean B.

Quote Originally Posted by jtexan View Post
    Can somebody please tell me the difference between hiring a web designer that will build a site for you using a certain platform (i.e. big commerce) as opposed to just going the Big Commerce site and just doing it yourself? Anything and everything y'all can think of would be appreciated, I'm just trying to get a better understanding this, thanks.
    Choosing a Web designer is a good decision a web designer is a professional of this field and he definitely have knowledge about what should be done for a shopping site.

I also suggest you to hire developer or designer for your site.

Small, light-weight items are easily shipped and do not involve a high delivery cost that may deter online sales.

You put of a very nice questions.I will suggest your that first of all search very creative web designer after that give the more time with designer.A designer can't think creative and he is only work creative. A Honor should know that before Start the work how to create big e-commerce website . After that you are give the more time with designer.

Note: both should consider that how to build big e-commerce website according SEO, Mobile friendly,user friendly and according your best search engine like google, yahoo or msn.

Bigcommerce comes out of the box with nice, clean designs and many themes are responsive.

Depending on your skill level and the scope of the changes, you can either make the changes yourself via HTML/CSS/Javascript within the template files, get some help within the large design section of the Bigcommerce forum or you can consult with a developer or designer to make the changes for you.

Hire a web designer is better options. There are few reasons Firstly, he/she will design your web site mobile friendly and user friendly. Secondly, you can customize as per your requirements.

Thread Information