Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: I need help with choosing a platform

I need help with choosing a platform

Hello All!
    Thank you for reading this question.

I am about to build a site where I will be selling phone numbers.
    I am comfortable on Wordpress but also I am open to other platforms.
    I tried some shopping cart plugins but all of them failed addressing my 2 basic needs:

1) each phone number is a unique product so I need some basic stock management to make each product sell only once (and be removed from the available product list after someone buys it).

2) i need to ship those numbers by mail through a sim card that I will pre load and there is 3 types of sims out there so I need my customers to choose their preferred option... it can be a "shipping method" or an "add-on" (checkmarks, selectors, whatever...) It will always be flat rate so I need them to be able to just choose which type of sim they want.

All the payments are collected through paypal only for now, so super simple... but I can't seem to find a wordpress plugin that allows me to do that.
    Can anyone suggest something that would work for such requirements?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello vladpro,

I can highly recommend you CS-Cart Professional edition because it corresponds all your needs. Also, if you need any additional functionality we are ready to implement a project of any complexity in short terms.

Sincerely yours,
    CS-Market.

I think you need to specifically search for a cart solution plug in that supports WordPress. If they have a userguide/integration guide then thats a good step. Plenty of the smaller/medium business end cart software have stock control. What have you tried to use up to now?

Totoro

How about moving your site to weebly? Or you could add a ShopIntegrator cart to your wordpress site? There are lots of different options you could consider.

I suggest you to try Magneto ecomomerce platform to build your shopping store.

Hi, i would like to suggest you to make use of Bigcommerce platform. This one is so helpful in creating almost all the applications.

Hi, I would suggest Miidas CMS. Its very easy to use and very cheap. Almost all applications are already intergrated, like, shopping carts. It also supports group buying and facebook store.

I agree with James, I would go try BigCommerce first. If it does not work for you, I would then look for an eCommerce plugin for WordPress - such as WooCommerce.

I suggest you to try the Magento Ecommerce platform.It is very good for building your shopping store.

You are selling phone numbers which needs more security, so I recommend you to go for Sitefinity. Its more secure compare to open source platforms.

Nice, just to let you know the post isnt showing up properly on my iphone - I think there is a plugin you can grab that takes care of that now.

Magento is best as per your requirement.

Lots of great information in this thread. You're definitely going to want to go with something like Volusion or Magento.

If you pick Magento, you're going to want a developer to help you out. It's free and open source, which is great...but it also means that there is no official support. Of course, because of this, a very vibrant and extremely helpful community has sprung up around the software. There are licensed developers, and all kinds of forums where you can find tasty information to help you get set up.

Another option is Volusion. It's a little more drag-and-drop, so you'll probably want a designer to help you set up your Volusion store, as opposed to a developer. It's got a big user base, and it's got a very modern API, which makes it super easy to integrate with a lot of other solutions.

3dCart is another great option, and it's favored by a lot of smaller sellers, or sellers who are just getting started, because it's got a very friendly price point.

Hope this helps! You're more than welcome to PM me if you want to talk about this a bit further.

_ Sean

open cart works great for us.....
    good luck

I'm in a similar pickle. I'm starting to set up my own website and would like to get things planned out before I get too far into it and have a ton of wasted work. I just need a simple website that lets me integrate a SUPER simple payment platform (that ideally doesn't require any coding). I've been going back and forth over this for like a week.

WordPress - does this allow you to support stuff like Stripe? I've heard Squarespace has Stripe integration built in, which sounds like a dream, but if WordPress has it too... well, WordPress has the advantage of being free!

I'd like to accept bitcoin payments from customers, mainly because I'd like to sell internationally, and I'd like a PayPal alternative as I've heard they can be hard to deal with. At the same time, I know it's early days for Bitcoin, the only two bitcoin payment processors that I've seen that look somewhat reputable are BitPay and GoCoin.

Anyone have any experience with either of those two, or know if you can integrate Stripe with Wordpress? Stuff like Magento may be a little too hardcore for me.

Thread Information