Thread: Advise on simple digital download site

Advise on simple digital download site

Hi all
    I want to sell some digital content with files coming between 10-30MBs. There'll only be about 10 or 20 products total. I'll need the ability for affiliates, promotional codes and newsletters. There's not a lot of products so I'd like something simple, fast and as cheap as possible. Oh and quick to setup too. So can you please advise on what I need?

Obviously I need web hosting and a domain name, many providers say they offer ecommerce. Are what they offer suitable for me? Or is it better to get something like Prestashop, Magento or Opencart? Is there anything else I need to get? Any particular marketing or security issues? I've got technical ability so I don't need detailed guidance, just bit of basic guidance to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

when they pulled that cloud storage nonsense. As such, he is now looking for an alternative, where he can actually download his mp3s without having to jump through hoops and register products.

I think its better to go for magento or opencart.

If you want something simple have you thought about using Wordpress with Woocommerce? You can easily add extensions for promo codes, newsletter integration, and an affiliate program.

- Dan

If this is an e-commerce website then you can go for Opencart otherwise i will suggest joomla.

Gifts in Dubai |Petals Dubai

Thread Information