Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last>>

Thread: Ecommerce software

Hybrid View

Ecommerce software

I'm searching for a good ecommerce software for my website.
    I read about prestashop , shopify , virtuemart , oscommerce, magento and some more and i didn't like anything!
    Or it's too expensive , or the add-ons are too expensive , or the security is bad , or the hosting very small , or the platform isn't good enough!
    Please recommend me on a good Ecommerce software that has a good security with a reasonable extensions price and without the crappy hosting that they offer, i want to host my website on own hosting company.

Hello, Igalol!

CS-Cart seems to be the solution in your case. Give it a try!

The platform choice depends on what kind of business you plan to have. Probably you need something specific and you should choose a platform that already has all necessary features or there should be available add-ons for this platform that can do what you need.

For really small amateur business CS-Cart is not the best choice, a free, not so feature-rich platform can work for you fine. But if you plan to have a serious business and improve it easily, CS-Cart is really good, even better and more intuitive than Magento (Magento is a great solution for a very big complex business). We work with CS-Cart platform for several years and offer the best reseller price for it. Also, we have lots of useful add-ons that really helped our clients to make their business better.
    Last edited by altteam; 01-23-2013 at 04:11 AM.

Try AbanteCart or open cart

Both free and well supported with many features.

You don't say much about your other requirements - what features you need etc. But SellerDeck is highly functional, and specifically designed for you to host it wherever you choose.

How can I implement this E commerce software into my website. Is it paid or free?

I like cs-cart and I've done some work with magento. But in reality I often have to get a lot of custom programming done and it gets pretty expensive pretty quickly.

Justin Ligeri

try magento
    it is free and has lots of cheap extensions

Opencart, Magento

Hello Friends,

Sankalp provides best in class solutions in the domain of enterprise level E-commerce application development. We customize every ecommerce development project in terms of design (GUI & Graphics) and functionalities to meet up the specific requirements of client. Our ecommerce solutions cater to B2B & B2C category and provide our clients a sustainable competitive advantage and strong business growth. Our ecommerce application can be integrated to any other software. We provide end to end ecommerce software development & online stores solutions to global clients. We provide comprehensive packages to cater the absolute requirements of clients, who are willing to take their business online.

Thanks and Regards,
    Agili Ron

Ecommerce ERP
    Last edited by Agili Ron; 03-12-2013 at 03:51 AM.

I recently read this article (http://www.techmaish.com/best-ecommerce-softwares/) about best the ecommerce software. It has shopify (which you said you don't like) on there but the others the others are pretty good.

Electronic commerce, commonly known as e-commerce, is a type of industry where buying and selling of product or service is conducted over electronic systems such as the Internet and other computer networks.

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

CS-Cart is ok but not great when it comes to the security you need to be concerned with Ecommerce. Magento however though shows immense promise in creating a PCI compliant version the code is very manipulative and can be made PCI compliant by usng commands that it accepts like for instance not using DELETE or PUT commands and using ones like POST instead which acceptable under PCI compliance scans. Just becasue a netwwork states their network is PCI compliant does not make your code, server, gateway, etc. PCI compliant. Now as ecommerce open source packages go the major downfall for Magento is that it is a template based system making redesigns a pain not to mention expensive for your clients or yourself. Magento has alot of great Mods, but no one beats the amount of Mods than OS commerce, but for me quality still goes to Magento.

A consumer is more likely to purchase an item from your website if they understand exactly what they are buying.

My advice would be to use a hosted ecommerce platform. The companies that host the platforms handle security and PCI compliance for you.

You need to define a bit what ""security"" means for you. Do you have any specific requirements? Any hosted platform is secure.

The best thing about hosted platforms is the fact that you don't need to handle IT stuff, you only create an account, set them up and then run them.

When you're searching for the best platform make sure that it support the payment and shipment options you use and that is responsive. Bigcommerce does these very well.

Thread Information