Page 1 of 3 123 Last>>

Thread: Which data keeping service is better

Which data keeping service is better

Is the websites like dropbox or mediafire etc. safe to keep backup of my data. If these are safe which one is better and if these are not safe which site I should use to take backup of my data.

It should be safe and my data should not leak.

Those types of services can be sufficient. However, I would recommend an on-premise backup and use the online services as a backup for the backup. If your backup is online only, file recovery can occur only if you have an internet connection. If you have an internet connection during recovery, a large amount of data can take a long time to download as compared to disk-to-disk recovery with an on-premise solution

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    Those types of services can be sufficient. However, I would recommend an on-premise backup and use the online services as a backup for the backup. If your backup is online only, file recovery can occur only if you have an internet connection. If you have an internet connection during recovery, a large amount of data can take a long time to download as compared to disk-to-disk recovery with an on-premise solution
    Hmm Its a useful suggestion so what I should use to take data at my place.

Here is a great service for small businesses:

kineticd.com/Products/on-premise

It provides a unique hybridization of on-site and off-site backup of data.

Quote Originally Posted by leonella769 View Post
    Hmm Its a useful suggestion so what I should use to take data at my place.
    I don't know anyting about your place so I can't say

Hello Friends,

Five Best Online File Storage Services Working with the same files in multiple places used to be a hassle. You'd have to make sure to bring the file with you, email it to yourself, or save it in a place you could get to it later. Now, there are a number of online file storage and syncing services that will make your data available on as many computers as you like. Here's a look at five of the best of those services.
    1. Dropbox
    2. Box.net
    3. Windows Live SkyDrive
    4. SugarSync
    5. SpiderOak

Thanks and Regards,
    Agili Ron

the one you have onsite.
    nothing beats that.

In the market various data keeping services available but according to me corbonite, backblaze, crashplan, jungledisk these are the extremly powerfull data keeping services. This provides more capabilities of storage and continously provides us backing up fascilities. And most importat thing is that as above mentioned data keeping services have different different features.

As we all know online banking is a great help in easy access to our accent but we must also remember that we have to ensure that the bank we are with is safe from any scam.

Thanks for giving best sites.

If the backup and recovery solution is for personal data (non-commercial) then all of the above options are great suggestions. If it is for a business then I'd truly recommend looking into a Business Continuity system (hybrid backup and recovery - on-site backup on a local device then off-site backup to the cloud"). Something to definitely look into for safekeeping and easily recovering your company data...

As per my suggetion below two option are better for your data storage.
    1. Dropbox
    2. Box.net

Quote Originally Posted by pabi_chhaiya View Post
    As per my suggetion below two option are better for your data storage.
    1. Dropbox
    2. Box.net
    Yeah, I use dropbox these days to store all my data and I also back up to a physical usb memory stick just incase dropbox fails me lol. Nothing worse than losing all your work.

I always use Dropbox, it's safe enough for me.

1. Dropbox
    2. Box.net
    3. Windows Live SkyDrive

Thread Information