Thread: My ISP is discontinuing mail

Unhappy My ISP is discontinuing mail

My ISP is discontinuing mail. I have provided this email id at most places. What I should do to change it and how I can take all backup.

Course, you'll need to get another email account. You can get a free one like Gmail.com or Hotmail.com .

As far as backing up your current mail - it'll depend if you only read mail on the internet or if you use an application like Outlook Express or Outlook.

I am not using outlook etc. I am checking my mail on the internet on their website. How I can take backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Course, you'll need to get another email account. You can get a free one like Gmail.com or Hotmail.com .

As far as backing up your current mail - it'll depend if you only read mail on the internet or if you use an application like Outlook Express or Outlook.

If possible - adding the account info to an application like Outlook would be the easiest. All the mail on the server should come down to your local pc... Other than that - you would have to forward all mail to another email account.

Is there any option in gmail to forward all mail at once. I mean old mails too coz this account I am holding from 2008. Actually my mail server is same as gmail.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    If possible - adding the account info to an application like Outlook would be the easiest. All the mail on the server should come down to your local pc... Other than that - you would have to forward all mail to another email account.

Its simple to migrate email, I do it for customers often.

How I can do it ca u suggest

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    Its simple to migrate email, I do it for customers often.

Quote Originally Posted by leonella769 View Post
    In general there are at least a couple of steps

1. Migrate data from current mailbox to new mailbox. This is done for each mailbox while current mailboxes are in production and using IMAP protocol if available

2. After migration change MX and A records so DNS points to new mail server

There are some additional issues that may need attention depending on types of mail servers, size and number of mailboxes and email activity.

Quote Originally Posted by leonella769 View Post
    In general there are at least a couple of steps

1. Migrate data from current mailbox to new mailbox. This is done for each mailbox while current mailboxes are in production and using IMAP protocol if available

2. After migration change MX and A records so DNS points to new mail server

There are some additional issues that may need attention depending on types of mail servers, size and number of mailboxes and email activity.

Thread Information