Thread: Does someone know this web-based document management for small businesses?

Question Does someone know this web-based document management for small businesses?

Hi folks!

I am looking for a browser-based solution to share and access documents within our remote team.
    Just came across this software:
    www.dam-simple.com

I kind of like that it is software as a service so no hassle with administration... Is someone here using it? Any free alternatives beside dropbox?

cheers
    mediamind

Hi mediamind,
    unfortunately the software you mentioned is no longer available (the domain is for sale).
    However there are other free tools to share documents online, the first that comes to mind is Google Drive.
    Then there are other cloud-based document management solutions that you can buy at a reasonable cost.
    One of these is LogicalDOC http://www.logicaldoc.com or if you settle, you can also try OpenDocman http://www.opendocman.com

I hope this will help you
    Josh

Docushare is the best that we have used till date. Integration capabilities are the best.

I am using dropbox right now to share docs with my agents. The biggest problem I have is that all of them have a folder in their computer and I cannot control that with dropbox. Anytime they can leave with all my info. I would prefer they get the file they need one by one without having a full copy of the folder. With the options you propose, would it be the same thing or they are external server?

Beside, Dropbox, you can use ITanywhere Cloud for sharing documents. Far as I know is free for one year and it's also safe.

As you have been asking for a web based software I suggest Salesforce, Zoho and Apptivo. They have unique features.
    Good integration capabilities and share your documents. Apptivo is integrated with google it can give solution for your business. Try it.

Dropbox is a commonly used web-based document sharing as well as google drive.

If security is the main concern in sharing files online through Dropbox, then SlickPie would be great option for you. Its cloud based software so you can easily access and share files online.

Thread Information