Thread: data back-up

data back-up

Hello

do you use a software for data backup of an online service?
    recently, i heard about online services, like google cloud.
    how is it?

On-line data backup should just be used as a compliment to local backup(external NAS, HDD etc)

Google Cloud, Amazon S3, Amazon Cloud Drive and of course Drop Box et al., are all becoming very viable
    backup mediums. Yes, you need an ADSL connection and upload/download times can be slow on initial backup but for most users dealing with text documents, spreadsheets etc. cloud-based backup services like Amazon Cloud are excellent.

However, online backup is still not suited to large files like video or Photoshop. But, like most things with technology, this will change.

Hello Friends,

Backup has a nice feature that they will send you a drive to copy your data onto, so you don't have to transfer 1TB of data over the net for your initial backup. They call this Rapid Serve. However, 1TB of backups with them costs $600 / month!
    Since you have external drives, I did recommend Backblaze, who provide real support for external drives (you can get around this with Mozy, but it's not officially supported in the Home edition, only Pro). This way, instead of $600 / month, you'd be paying $5 / month. However, you have to upload all your data, which could take some time. Typical home users can do about 4GB / day, so it will take you about 9 months to finish your first backup. However, with a faster connection, it would not take as long (I could do 1TB in 24 days, based on the speed test).

Thanks And Regards.
    Agili Ron

Backing up our data is important as maintaining data, for this reason, Many of peoples store their data in redundant format, Maintaining online is somewhat costly, Anyway thanks for the thread.

hi, you wanna do both,
    online as well as local...
    because if you need the info at least youll have it.

Hi..
    I think basic idea you have about cloud computing. I only tell you about service model.
    Cloud computing provides or offer their services according to several fundamental models. IaaS for infrastructure as a service. It provide infrastructure to client. Paas for platform as a service. It provide platform for client . Saas for software as a service. It provide software to client. Naas for Network as a service. It provide network to client.

Well it has been get reputed really nice and it give you the 100% security to save your backup data. You can access it from anywhere you want to check and it is much easy to get proceed to it.

Please make suggestion and visit here:
    Communications Services Australia
    Last edited by Trim John; 09-23-2013 at 05:48 AM.

I think you can select media tech institute. which a professional and also my favorite.

i really love carbonite cloud back up (http://www.carbonite.com/). Its a super easy to use platform that backs up your entire computer god forbid something goes wrong with your computer hardware and you lose everything. I have been in this situation before, as i deal a lot with building websites and graphic design. I have many gbs worth of files that i simply cannot lose or my life would essentially be over! It does have a monthly fee (it seems expensive, but consider it an insurance policy on your files/data) but this is an enterprise level system back up. One of my co workers also uses this because he wants to maintain files that he has had on multiple HD's throughout the years. If you are scared of losing everything on your computer and dont want to worry about starting from scratch. I highly recommend carbonite.

http://www.carbonite.com/backup/pricing-plans

i'll second Zilog here. It makes sense to back up data locally first. As far as local backups are concerned i'd suggest Rollback Rx. Its by a company called Horizon DataSys.

Thread Information