Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: Which ecommerce template site is for me?

Which ecommerce template site is for me?

Hello everyone! I'm starting a new computer hardware reselling business, and I've been researching what templates to use. I will probably be purchasing one off of templatemonster.com. So, throughout my searches on the net, I've seen that magento and prestashop should be the 2 to choose from. But, I also heard that magento is hard to use. What would you suggest for this type of business?

I would not recommend magento unless you know what you are doing. it is pretty difficult to use

Try abantecart or opencart

Check algozone.com for design and templates

I would not recommend magento unless you know what you are doing. it is pretty difficult to use

Try abantecart or opencart

Check algozone.com for design and templates

hey
    try to test the trial versions and then decide which can be suitable for you.
    good luck

I would go for Magento for various reasons. But mostly because in case you need customizations you will have a large base of developers to choose from and see which fits you better. Also you can start small and go as large as you need with time. Don't think it's any harder or easier than most eCommerce solutions out there

magento is very powerful but you need to be ready to learn it, it looks very complex when you start using it for the first time. I would recommend to try CS-Cart Professional, this platform is also very powerful but easier than magento, just try demo to estimate it. Read this article to grasp an idea what is magento and what is CS-Cart http://www.alt-team.com/magento-vs-cs-cart.html

Try Interspire

I would prefer Interspire, there are ready to go themes available at the website like Interspire Mods dot net, bunch of features to make it customize. you can reach by putting Interspire Mods at G or Interspire Outsourcing. Although Interspire is not providing Interspire now it has shifted to Bigcommerce but there are affiliates that provide Interspire with support.

I don't think Magento is difficult to use. When you have a magento site, all you need to know is simple: how to add products, how to add a discount code, how to create a new category. And it is very easy to custom in Magento admin.

And if you want to save money, you can go with a magento theme (the price now is from 80-120$). May you need a custom service, but the price is resonable.
    Last edited by pipi_vn; 01-14-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Thumbs up Magento is easy

In your case, selling a new computer hardware. You can try our Hightech Magento Theme
    Last edited by pipi_vn; 01-14-2013 at 11:38 AM. Reason: more specific

Magneto is difficult to use but its a fantastic platform . I will suggest to go with it if you can learn

Of the two you mentioned, I recommend Prestashop

hey magento is best platform.

A lot of folks are saying that Magento is hard to use in this thread, and that can be true. Usually, those that are going to deal with Magento either a) have a decent amount of experience with coding and/or programming, or b) are planning to work with a Magento developer who can help build out the desired functionalities.

Since the Community Edition of Magento is free and open-sourced, there's no official support...but their is a great community of licensed developers and a ton of helpful message boards and forums.

Bigcommerce is another great shopping cart solution and might be a better fit for you if you're looking to set something up a little more quickly, and don't have a ton of experience with back-end development. Bigcommerce is a paid and hosted solution, but it's incredibly easy to use. Your eCommerce site is built out using a drag-and-drop interface that makes it super easy to use. Their sites also look great, and are responsively designed, so your customers can shop on tablets and smartphones without a problem.

Hope this helps!
    Sean B.

For easier option with competitive pricing, you can go for Paxcom. It not just provides you to create your online store but also sell on marketplaces like amazon, flipkart etc. Paxcom is SAAS based software providing complete ecommerce automation solutions from creating and managing estores (or marketplaces) to advanced data analysis, exponential revenue growth, managed warehouses and supply chains.

Being new in the market, they are providing customization and affordable pricing packages as well.

Magento is a professional one. I would suggest you to go with Magento if your business size is big. I use Uniecommerce as it provides
    1. unique features - combining group deals and online auction with regular ecommerce
    2. Multi merchant platform available
    3. You can also find ecommerce platform with social engagement.

Thread Information