Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last>>

Thread: Duplicate content issue - Article submission

Duplicate content issue - Article submission

Say, I do submit one article to 10 article directories.
    Is that considered as duplicate content... or it is a myth?
    However, I agree that, If we have a duplicate content in our website, that will give negative action in the words of SEO......

do not submit one article to 10 article directories.that is wrong,google do not like duplicate content

It won't matter much how many you submit it to. Eventually, a whole host of fly-by-night article directories will pick it up and do with it as they please. Some will even leave your links in place.

guigui, how does Google penailize you for duplicate content when the content in question is on different sites? If they did that, wouldn't they consider the entire Internet as duplicate content? Afterall, it's all connected by a series of links, one to and from another ... otherwise we'd never be able to access it.
    The Old Sarge

guigui, how does Google penailize you for duplicate content when the content in question is on different sites? If they did that, wouldn't they consider the entire Internet as duplicate content? Afterall, it's all connected by a series of links, one to and from another ... otherwise we'd never be able to access it.
    Check Mate!

deleted
    Last edited by The Old Sarge; 08-06-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: absolutely nothing constructive or informative contributed

The best way to do it really is only submit one article to each of the article directories and hubs, you dont want the same content spreading all over.

BUT google is looking less and less at penalizing for dup content and the algo is getting smarter and detecting what was first, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMMaster View Post
    ... and the algo is getting smarter and detecting what was first, etc.
    How does it accomplish that? Once a page is updated by the owner and then recrawled by the bots, and the SEs dump the cached pages, how do they keep track of who or what was first? All the "evidence" is gone.
    The Old Sarge

Old Sarge, you're right about the cache but for example, I have a blog and most of my articles are reprinted, now, I see the trackbacks and they never rank for my content so you could assume the same cycle happens over and over but im not saying im 100% certain on this. Most of those sites are spam anyway.

I'd still maintain that a good strategy would be to have as much unique content floating around the net and then just see what sources pick up the content and how they use your placed link, other then that, you cant control much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMMaster View Post
    Old Sarge, you're right about the cache but for example, I have a blog and most of my articles are reprinted, now, I see the trackbacks and they never rank for my content so you could assume the same cycle happens over and over but im not saying im 100% certain on this. Most of those sites are spam anyway.
    Hmmmm ... Interesting. Let me rumenate for a while.

I'd still maintain that a good strategy would be to have as much unique content floating around the net and then just see what sources pick up the content and how they use your placed link, other then that, you cant control much more than that.
    With that I can agree.
    The Old Sarge

Avoid submitting duplicate articles on multiple sites

However always try to avoid submitting duplicate articles on multiple article submission directories. Most article directories such as ezinearticles don’t accept articles which are already published on other article websites. Try article spinning before submitting an article on multiple websites.

If you want the most accurate information on duplicate content read it for yourself from google. This should answer any of your questions

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...t-penalty.html

Same Articles submitting into different article directories are is a common thing. If you submit single articles in I don't think google will treat it as a duplicate content. The only thing is major article directories like ezinearticles or ********** will not give the approvel for that particular directories. Submitting into 10 different article directory and getting approvel is as equal as getting approvel from ezinearticles.com.

So see that if you are doing some thing dont look at the quantity just look at the quality of the output you will get from the work you do.

I like the best way would be to create re write versions of your original post and then submit it on other article directories. the main one must always be where you want it to be i.e. your first priority. But yes I agree, publishing a unique content every time is the best option.

It depends on the publisher. Some will request exclusivity. If not, there's no problem with it being published in more than one place.

i use to submit the article in the directory should be the best and dont worry about the duplicate content

Thread Information