Page 1 of 2 12 Last>>

Thread: how to save your site being penalized ?

how to save your site being penalized ?

I wanted to know, what are the measures i should take care of which help me to save my site from being penalized or even deindexed.

There are many thing you need to consider and learning all that is allmost impossible as nothing is fixed due to changing algorithum any time so you can do one thing rather than concentrating on such don'ts, concentrate on do's.

What I mean to say that work according to search engine rules and regulation, never try to break it like - whatever you do, do genueinly never do spam, etc.

Thus work naturally and genuinely and as per algorithm than your site will never get penalty.

The Old Sarge

Write articles that are useful to your readers rather than trying to please the search engines.

Quote Originally Posted by cristinsmith45 View Post
    I wanted to know, what are the measures i should take care of which help me to save my site from being penalized or even deindexed.
    Is your website penalized by Google Panda updates ? Do you want to recover your website from Google Panda penalty? In fact, it is not only you, but a problem with many. Since Google Panda has been rolled out different webmasters have found dramatic changes in the rankings and traffics of their websites. However, Google Panda is not so cruel and offers you the chance to make your website rank high again. So, you are getting scopes to regain your website’s position.

Quality is one of the major issues and comes foremost of the search results of this new algorithm of Google. Hence you need to ensure that your website is offering high-quality contents. Let us see some of the solid ways to recover your website from Google Panda penalty.

Improve the quality of your contents
    Avoid redundancy
    Stay away from over- optimized contents
    Check your articles by a good quality control team

Hi cristinsmith45

The comments above are all correct. Be sure to educate yourself on Google's Guidelines, as The Old Sarge pointed out.

I would like to point out some specifics -

1. Create your own unique, high quality content that visitors find useful. Do not use article spinners or paraphrase or "borrow" other people's content.

2. Create your site for visitors. Seek to make them happy and help them by providing information they seek. Do not create your site for search engines.

3. Do not engage in spammy link campaigns or overuse backlinks to drive your pages' SERPs positions. Rely more upon making your visitors happy.

4. Do not overuse advertising on your pages or overload your site or pages with affiliate links.

5. Don't engage in any practices that manipulate search engines.

There's probably more, but those cover a lot of area.

Good luck!
    Warm Regards,

Denise

SEOMOZ have a great guideline on this issue.

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/6-changes...teboard-friday

Read and follow the webmaster guidelines! It's that simple... however if you've already created a bunch of spammy links pointing to your site there might not be much you can do about it apart from hope you don't get picked up for it! I've heard of some people directing unnatural links to a 301 redirect so if they get penalised they just remove the redirect page... Not sure if that works though, interesting to see.

Yesterday I read an articles about penguin update. Basically it looks into 2 areas, percentage usage of anchor text, and inbound link from same niche.

http://www.micrositemasters.com/blog...ways-to-do-so/

You need to make sure you have good content, good links pointing back to your site and don't over optimize anchor text.

The list is almost endless!!

The main thing really is to stick to Google's guidelines!!

Here are the links from seomoz blog about the things that you can do to save your site from Google Penguin
    http://www.seomoz.org/blog/6-changes...teboard-friday
    http://www.seomoz.org/blog/whiteboar...penguin-update

The simplest way to protect yourself is to do it right from the outset. Don't try to take shortcuts with your SEO, but more importantly, learn everything you can about it before optimising your site.

Google sees your site as a series of text blocks, from the domain name downwards through the title, description, meta keyword tags (not so important now as they don't carry so much weight as they used to due to keyword spamming) and your body text.

Research your keywords properly and then integrate them into all those areas in a natural but effective way, then get high quality backlinks. This will all take time, but in the long run it's far more effective than trying to do it quickly.

Best way to get out of any problem is Quality work. In seo, content is the king. Original content is very very important, don't be spammy, try to earn quality backlinks.

The Only Answer to this query is Stop doing Spamming and creating duplicate content on your site.Doing SEO and building Quality links is the only solution not to get penalized.

Thread Information