Thread: Google Drive Launched Yesterday

Hybrid View

Google Drive Launched Yesterday

Hey All,

Google yesterday launched "Google Drive". Its similar to dropbox but here you can store data upto 5GB for Free.

It will be very helpful for small business owners who does not have big data and can store it on cloud for free.

It is very useful for all and best option to save data.

That great as heard it from you only so need to check out more in depth.

Anyway thanks a lot for sharing it.

Google drive is essentially Google docs with a desktop folder client for Mac & Windows. It scores over Dropbox due to it's text conversion features, ability to view lots of different file types, and £ per Gb.

The document editors (word processing, spreadsheet & presentation) are also very good, especially for collaboration.

Thanks for letting us know. Always good to find out about free storage options.

@philwebster

yes you get more GB free and cheaper £ per GB but at what cost to your privacy. I'll be sticking with Dropbox thanks- 8Gb free space and no advertising - works for me

Quote Originally Posted by Hippi View Post
    @philwebster

yes you get more GB free and cheaper £ per GB but at what cost to your privacy. I'll be sticking with Dropbox thanks- 8Gb free space and no advertising - works for me
    I've not had an issue with privacy with Google. I get to choose who can see the documents and by default only I can see them. They are not out to put your sensitive data into the public eye. And the price to GB ratio is more than fair.

I've been a big fan of Dropbox but will try out Google Drive to see how it is

Thread Information